The Career Foundation Mentorship Program
The aim of The Career Foundation’s mentorship program is to develop mentoring partnerships by introducing and matching experienced professionals with individuals who are seeking a mentor to provide guidance, information and connections that would clarify and strengthen their career path.
What is a Mentor?
A Mentor is a role model who provides coaching, guidance and support to the mentee on workplace skills, job performance and career progression. Mentors are often referred to as coaches. Mentors would have experience in their field and be able and willing to voluntarily enter into a mentoring relationship. Mentors are good listeners, resourceful and want to help others reach their potential.
One to One Mentoring
A traditional face to face mentor and mentee relationship for individualized guidance
Peer to Peer Mentoring
Pairs experienced employees as mentors to new employees to assist with the on-boarding process and workplace retention
Short-Term or Goal-Oriented Mentoring
Focuses on specific goals and results with a shorter time window
Matches mature mentees with younger and experienced mentors to help the mentees stay current on new trends and technologies
Maybe useful for mentors and mentees who are adept at using computers and technology. This partnership requires trust and serious consideration to limiting topics, confidentiality of documents and organizational policies.
This is a one-time only meeting between the mentor and mentee within which targeted information is delivered. When done in a group format, it offers opportunities for networking.
A group of mentors serve together as a resource for a defined group of mentees with similar expectations. Mentors share responsibilities for each mentee’s growth and meet at regular intervals.
Benefits of Mentoring
- Opportunity to develop leadership, communication and coaching skills
- Stay up to date on development and trends within your field
- Serve as a role model to successful career development
- Share your knowledge, skills, experience and network
- Foster the growth and development of new professionals in the field
- Increased sense of contribution by motivating and supporting others to reach their professional goals
- Exchange ideas and perspectives on issues and trends in your field
- Develop professional relationships and attract new talent in your field
- Return on Investment for employers by increasing productivity and reducing employee turnover
If you are interested in becoming a mentor, please complete the online application for the mentorship program. We would like to learn more about your interest in mentorship as well as your experience and educational background. We will review your application and contact you to arrange a meeting to discuss the mentorship screening, matching procedures and the mentorship agreement.