The Career Foundation is pleased to offer Career Focus. Funded by the Government of Canada, our Career Focus program aims to connect educated youth aged 15 to 30 in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area with private sector jobs and employers.
The Career Focus program helps eligible youth participants obtain the knowledge, advanced employability skills, and work experience needed to enter the labour market in their field.
The Career Focus program offers participants the following:
- Job development assistance to obtain a work placement of approximately 6 months in duration (private sector jobs only);
- Wage subsidies of up to 50% of placement wages;
- Employer Expectations / Job Retention workshops;
- Referrals to job preparation services, such as workshops on résumé writing and successful interviewing;
- Ongoing support from Career Focus staff throughout work placements.
Candidates must meet the following criteria to be considered for The Career Foundation’s Career Focus program:
- Between ages 15 and 30 (inclusive).
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada.
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
- Not in receipt of Employment Insurance (EI) benefits.
*Preference will be given to candidates who have been unemployed for the past 6 months. Other eligibility requirements may apply.
Upcoming Information Sessions
Information Sessions can be booked with a Placement Specialist at your convenience (Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m).
To register for an information session, please contact us at: CareerFocus@careerfoundation.org or call 416-642-2406 ext. 225
To learn more about Career Focus and how it could be right for you, please contact:
Kerry Kettle, Program Coordinator
The Career Foundation
Telephone: 416-642-2406 Ext. 225
Disclaimer: The opinions and interpretations in this publication are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the Government of Canada.