Career Opportunity: Communications Specialist
About The Career Foundation: The Career Foundation is a dynamic non-profit organization that offers a wide range of employment, training, and HR services to job seekers and employers. Since its inception in 1988, The Career Foundation has steadily expanded its services. Operating out of seven locations, we now help thousands of people each year successfully accomplish their employment goals. Our team of dedicated professionals have described The Career Foundation as caring, compassionate, innovative, and team oriented. For more information about us and our services, please visit our website at CareerFoundation.com.
Some of the benefits and features available to our employees include:
- Competitive compensation
- A comprehensive Health Benefits plan that includes massage therapy, naturopath services, travel coverage, and much more
- A comprehensive Dental Insurance plan
- An Employee & Family Assistance program
- An RRSP Matching plan
- A Wellness program
Role Description: Reporting to the Marketing and Communications Coordinator, the Communications Specialist is an integral member of The Career Foundation’s Marketing and Communications team. The Communications Specialist is responsible for creating internal and external
communications for the organization, including flyers, videos, and podcasts, creating social media content and responding to all social media inquiries,
designing web pages, and writing and editing various written communications, as well as other related duties.
- Position Type: Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
- Reporting to: Marketing & Communications Coordinator
- Location: This opportunity is a hybrid-remote position comprised primarily of work-from-home functions and some on-site work, as needed, from a
base location at Lawrence Ave. and Allen Rd. in Toronto, ON. The remote work schedule is contingent on the successful candidate possessing an appropriate work-from-home space with high-speed internet connection. Company laptop provided.
- Number of positions: 1
- Experience: 1+ years
- Start date: Immediate
- Please note: Full-time employees in their first year with The Career Foundation are normally provided with a term employment agreement until they have reached one year of service, at which time if all is going mutually well they are offered indefinite employment.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: The Career Foundation is committed to the health and safety of its workforce. As of December 16, 2021, successful candidates for our internal employment opportunities must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit proof of same prior to receiving an official employment offer. Accommodations will be made where possible for qualifying medical or religious exemptions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Utilizes Canva and other software to create marketing materials for all programs and departments, including, but not limited to, flyers, videos, and social media content, and adheres to government funders’ communications guidelines regarding funding acknowledgements.
- Records, edits, and uploads digital content to various channels, including podcasts, recorded webinars, and informational videos.
- Creates social media posts on The Career Foundation’s brand, workshops, events and job openings, while also supporting online engagement.
- Works with the Marketing and Communications Coordinator to refine social media strategies and best practices and creates, posts, and monitors social media content and inquiries on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
- Reviews and edits written materials for the organization, including contributing to the creation of funding proposals and reports, as well as annual reports, to support the organization’s growth initiatives.
- Works in collaboration with the Marketing and Communications Coordinator to maintain the organization’s website, including writing and designing new web pages that provide consistent flow, and writing detailed descriptions, captions, and alt text for images to improve search engine optimization (SEO) and to comply with AODA and WCAG 2.0 requirements for accessible images and multimedia.
- Develops content for monthly newsletter for internal and external stakeholders.
- Updates and maintains on a monthly basis the organization’s CASL-compliant mailing lists of contacts that have opted-in or out of receiving the organization’s email communications.
- Sources images and video B-roll to include in communications materials.
- Updates monthly digital communications tracker to capture number of monthly web visitors, podcast listens, etc.
- Works with the Marketing and Communications Coordinator to create press releases when required.
- Attends important company events (e.g., milestone events and large-scale hiring events) to photograph and/or record video footage for use in marketing materials and creates signage and processes to ensure attendees are aware of and have agreed to be in recordings.
- Supports with registrations for large-scale events and works in collaboration with management to organize staff schedules.
- Conducts regular quality assurance checks/audits of all job postings that are prepared by other staff for our employer partners.
- Ensures that all products prepared for the public are accessible and meet AODA requirements.
- Maintains detailed knowledge of The Career Foundation’s core values, strategic priorities, policies, procedures, and goals to collaborate effectively and provide excellent service to various stakeholders.
- Travels on an occasional basis to various office locations across the GTHA and surrounding areas.
- Other assignments as needed.
- Diploma or degree preferably in marketing or communications is ideal, or an equivalent combination of practical work experience and education is required.
- A minimum 1 year of hands-on digital marketing experience and creating various types of marketing collateral is required. Experience using Hootsuite, email marketing software, and WordPress highly preferred. Note: Candidates will be asked to submit samples of their past work prior to reaching the interview stage.
- Advanced proficiency in marketing and design software is required, including Canva as well as experience in an Office365 environment.
- Must be positive and results-driven in nature with a record of achieving and exceeding assigned goals and deadlines.
- A professional and courteous approach to client service, with a high level of respect for the diversity of the people served.
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to uphold the organization’s service standards, policies, and core values.
- Outstanding organizational skills, time management, and ability to multi-task in order to meet deadlines and achieve objectives.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills, with ability to clearly communicate information verbally and in writing.
- Punctual, self-motivated and self-directed.
- Willingness to step-in to assist team members as needed to help ensure goals are met.
- Ability to maintain sensitive information, exhibit tact, diplomacy and good judgment, with high standards of professionalism, ethics and confidentiality.
- Capable of working under pressure.
- Ability to build strong working team relationships.
- Willingness and flexibility to occasionally work outside of normal business hours during peak periods, when required.
- Must be fully vaccinated (two doses) against COVID-19. The successful candidate will be required to submit official documentation to confirm vaccination status prior to job offer.
To apply for this position, please complete the application form below. We suggest using the latest version of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge to complete the form, in order to ensure that your application is submitted correctly.
*Should you experience any technical difficulties while submitting your application, please submit your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a Word document that addresses all of the questions in the application form.
About The Career Foundation
The Career Foundation offers a wide range of career and job-related programs. Since its inception in 1988, The Career Foundation has steadily expanded its services. Operating out of seven locations, we now help thousands of people each year successfully accomplish their employment goals. For more information please visit our website at www.CareerFoundation.com.
The Career Foundation is committed to diversity and inclusion and aims to create a healthy and rewarding environment for all. We welcome applications from qualified individuals who represent the diversity of the people we proudly serve, including, but not limited to, visible minorities, women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples, and individuals of all genders and sexual orientation. The Career Foundation, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with candidates requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
We are a professional, result-driven organization that has been described by our employees as caring, compassionate, innovative, and team-oriented.
We also offer:
- Competitive compensation
- A comprehensive health benefits plan that includes massage therapy, naturopath services, and travel coverage
- An Employee & Family Assistance Program
- An RRSP matching plan
- A wellness program