Career Opportunity: Community Service Worker (Canada Summer Jobs Program)
Important Application Details: To be eligible to apply for this position, candidates must be between the ages of 15 to 30 years. This role is intended for youth looking to gain work experience in the social services sector.
About The Career Foundation: The Career Foundation is a dynamic non-profit organization that offers a wide range of employment, training, and HR services to job seekers and employers. Since its inception in 1988, The Career Foundation has steadily expanded its services. Operating out of seven locations, we now help thousands of people each year successfully accomplish their employment goals. Our team of dedicated professionals have described The Career Foundation as caring, compassionate, innovative, and team-oriented. For more information about us and our services, please visit our website at CareerFoundation.com.
Scope of Position: The Community Service Worker will support The Career Foundation’s Completing the Circle (CTC) project team to research and identify new opportunities to market the program in the community and will perform other important outreach and administrative functions.
Position Type: 30 hours per week for 9 weeks (Canada Summer Jobs program)
Start date: June 6, 2022
Number of Positions: 1
Location: This is a hybrid-remote opportunity comprised of work-from-home functions and in-office work as needed from a base office at Weston Rd. & Lawrence Avenue in Toronto. The successful candidate must have appropriate work-from-home space and high-speed internet. Company laptop and VoIP phone line provided. Hybrid-remote schedule will be as determined by the Coordinator.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: The Career Foundation is committed to the health and safety of its workforce. As of December 16, 2021, successful candidates for our internal employment opportunities must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit proof of same prior to receiving an official employment offer. Accommodations will be made where possible for qualifying medical or religious exemptions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Researches and identifies new opportunities to market The Career Foundation’s Completing the Circle program in the community.
- Assists staff in the creation and distribution of promotional materials and assists with posting them to our online channels.
- Contacts existing community partners to update them on program start dates and provide them with additional marketing resources.
- Communicates with all partners to maintain effective referral and reporting relationships, including booking outreach presentations and meetings.
- Presents services in a clear manner ensuring that individuals understand the objectives, suitability, and benefits of the program.
- Updates and maintains participant registration, assessment, and tracking systems as needed.
- Liaises with prospective applicants to encourage and confirm their participation in the program.
- Attends to incoming calls and emails, provides program information to callers and online applicants, responds to requests from partners, suppliers and employers, and is responsible for other incoming and outgoing communications.
- Supports program staff with administrative duties, including document creation, hard copy file retrieval, employer research, etc.
- Creates client files on The Career Foundation’s internal database and updates information as needed.
Qualifications/ Skills Required
- Currently in pursuit of a degree or diploma in Business Communications, Administration, Social Services, or an equivalent combination of practical work experience and education is required.
- Exceptional customer service skills with ability to uphold the organization’s service standards and core values.
- Knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Office Suite of products, including Office 365 (MS Teams, Forms, SharePoint, OneDrive, etc.).
- Proficiency in popular and emerging platforms, digital media, and web/social media.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills, with ability to clearly communicate information verbally and in writing. Fluency in a second language will be considered an asset.
- A professional, courteous approach to service with a high level of respect for the diversity of the people served.
- Ability to maintain sensitive information, exhibit tact, diplomacy, and good judgment.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask, take initiative, and handle a variety of duties.
- Up-to-date knowledge of labour market trends, community resources and programs to help job seekers.
- Flexible and positive approach to work, with willingness to assist team members and clients while ensuring that all program goals are met.
- Willingness and flexibility to occasionally work outside of normal business hours during peak periods, when required.
- Must have appropriate work-from-home space with high-speed internet for a hybrid-remote work schedule. Company laptop provided.
- Must be fully vaccinated (two doses) against COVID-19. The successful candidate will be required to submit official documentation to confirm vaccination status prior to job offer.
To apply for this position, please complete the application form below. We suggest using the latest version of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge to complete the form, in order to ensure that your application is submitted correctly.
*Should you experience any technical difficulties while submitting your application, please submit your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a Word document that addresses all of the questions in the application form.
About The Career Foundation
The Career Foundation offers a wide range of career and job-related programs. Since its inception in 1988, The Career Foundation has steadily expanded its services. Operating out of seven locations, we now help thousands of people each year successfully accomplish their employment goals. For more information please visit our website at www.CareerFoundation.com.
The Career Foundation is committed to diversity and inclusion and aims to create a healthy and rewarding environment for all. We welcome applications from qualified individuals who represent the diversity of the people we proudly serve, including, but not limited to, visible minorities, women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples, and individuals of all genders and sexual orientation. The Career Foundation, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with candidates requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
We are a professional, result-driven organization that has been described by our employees as caring, compassionate, innovative, and team-oriented.
We also offer:
- Competitive compensation
- A comprehensive health benefits plan that includes massage therapy, naturopath services, and travel coverage
- An Employee & Family Assistance Program
- An RRSP matching plan
- A wellness program