Career Opportunity: Data Entry Clerk/Follow Up Specialist (Fully Remote)
Position description: The Data Entry Clerk/Follow Up Specialist is an integral part of the administrative department that supports The Career Foundation’s five Employment Centres. Reporting to the Manager of Data Governance, Quality Assurance and Administrative Services, the Data Entry Clerk/Follow Up Specialist is responsible to contact clients on a timely manner and verify their employment status and support client success. In addition, the Data Entry Clerk/Follow Up Specialist is responsible for recording and maintaining collected data in an internal and funder-mandated system, analyzing, and preparing various reports, and other essential duties.
- Position type: Six month contract with flexible hours (Tuesday to Friday from 11 am to 7:00 pm and Saturday from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm)
- Number of Positions: 1
- Experience Required: Minimum 2 years
- Reporting to: Manager, Data Governance, Quality Assurance and Administrative Services
- Location: Fully remote position. The successful candidate must reside in Ontario and be equipped with an appropriate home office space, including reliable, high-speed internet.
- Start date: Immediately. Training will take place in person at one of our five sites.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: The Career Foundation is committed to the health and safety of its workforce. As of December 16, 2021, successful candidates for our internal employment opportunities must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit proof of same prior to receiving an official employment offer. Accommodations will be made where possible for qualifying medical or religious exemptions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Ongoing Follow Ups
- Follow up with clients that have attended previous hiring events, webinars and workshops and assist them to register with us via phone or email
- Contact employers/organizations for job shadowing opportunities for our clients.
Post Program Follow Ups
- Contact clients by phone, email, text, Teams, Linkedln, Zoom and social media to secure updates on their current employment status and enter the data in internal and external databases.
- Conduct exit follow-ups with clients at regular intervals (1, 3, 6, and 12 months), and record status updates in client files.
- Enter confidential client data into internal and funder-mandated online systems with 100% accuracy.
- Assess online reports, monitors progress of programs, and cross-references statistics with internal trackers.
- Update client data and service history (post-education and post-employment) in online systems to reflect client’s current employment outcome.
- Assist with assembling and auditing client files according to The Career Foundation’s audit standards.
- Communicate and follow-up with staff members regarding any missing data, signatures, paperwork, etc. required for client files as submitted from their caseload and ensures that all follow-up information is included in each file.
- Perform routine file audits, ensuring data entered in all online systems corresponds accurately with hardcopy files.
- Complete file checklists to ensure all files are audit ready.
- Track client service plans and ensures each file has all exit follow-ups completed.
- Support staff as needed with entering client profiles in The Career Foundation’s databases and tracking systems.
- Organize and maintain electronic filing system for the five Employment Centres.
- Analyze data and perform data cleaning on available datasets prior to report generation.
- Work with our data team on other data analysis projects, as required
- Fulfils all reporting requirements for employment service documentation records (weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly).
Qualifications / Skills Required:
- Post-secondary education in business administration, sales, or equivalent work experience
- Must possess a minimum of 2 years of proven, hands-on experience in a similar administrative support capacity.
- Strong attention-to-detail and ability to multi-task.
- Prior experience in compiling statistical reports considered an asset.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), as well as Zoom, and Outlook 365 applications, including Teams, SharePoint, Forms, and Bookings.
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to uphold the organization’s service standards, policies, and core values.
- Ability to maintain sensitive information, exhibit tact, diplomacy, and good judgment, with high standards of ethics and confidentiality.
- Capable of working under pressure with frequent interruptions.
- A professional and courteous approach to client service with a high level of respect for the diversity of the people served.
- Aptitude and willingness to learn and work with new online systems and technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability to clearly communicate information in written reports and during team meetings.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and very responsive and flexible to evolving responsibilities in order to respond to different priorities, with work varying from day-to-day.
- Fluency in English is required. A second language will be considered an asset.
- Must be willing to work remotely and be equipped with reliable internet connection for a potential hybrid remote working schedule, as determined by the Manager, Data Governance, Quality Assurance and Administrative Services.
- Willingness and flexibility to occasionally work outside of normal business hours, including evenings and weekends, during peak periods, when required.
- Must be fully vaccinated (two doses) against COVID-19. The successful candidate will be required to submit official documentation to confirm vaccination status prior to job offer.
To apply for this position, please complete the application form below. We suggest using the latest version of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge to complete the form, in order to ensure that your application is submitted correctly.
*Should you experience any technical difficulties while submitting your application, please submit your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a Word document that addresses all of the questions in the application form.
About The Career Foundation
The Career Foundation offers a wide range of career and job-related programs. Since its inception in 1988, The Career Foundation has steadily expanded its services. Operating out of seven locations, we now help thousands of people each year successfully accomplish their employment goals. For more information please visit our website at www.CareerFoundation.com.
The Career Foundation is committed to diversity and inclusion and aims to create a healthy and rewarding environment for all. We welcome applications from qualified individuals who represent the diversity of the people we proudly serve, including, but not limited to, visible minorities, women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples, and individuals of all genders and sexual orientation. The Career Foundation, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with candidates requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
We are a professional, result-driven organization that has been described by our employees as caring, compassionate, innovative, and team-oriented.
We also offer:
- Competitive compensation
- A comprehensive health benefits plan that includes massage therapy, naturopath services, and travel coverage
- An Employee & Family Assistance Program
- An RRSP matching plan
- A wellness program