Career Opportunity: Employer Services Consultant
About The Career Foundation: The Career Foundation is a dynamic non-profit organization that offers a wide range of employment, training, and HR services to job seekers and employers. Since its inception in 1988, The Career Foundation has steadily expanded its services. Operating out of seven locations, we now help thousands of people each year successfully accomplish their employment goals. Our team of dedicated professionals have described The Career Foundation as caring, compassionate, innovative, and team-oriented. For more information about us and our services, please visit our website at CareerFoundation.com.
Some of the benefits and features available to our employees include:
- Competitive compensation
- A comprehensive Health Benefits plan that includes massage therapy, naturopath services, travel coverage, and much more
- A comprehensive Dental Insurance plan
- An Employee & Family Assistance program
- An RRSP Matching plan
- A Wellness program
Program & Role Description: Conveniently located in Etobicoke, North York, Downtown Toronto, and Scarborough, The Career Foundation’s five (5) full-suite Employment Centres provide job seekers with a full range of services, including exploring career options, improving their résumés, preparing for interviews, and much more. Our Employment Centres also offer a range of services to employers, including job matching, hiring fairs, retention advice, and other services.
Our team of Employer Services Consultants (ESCs) are responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with employers in multiple sectors, assessing workforce development needs, developing strategies to support employers with accomplishing their hiring needs, and other important services to support employers with achieving their workforce goals. Employer Services Consultants also work directly with our job seeker clients to provide job development support and connections to employment opportunities, in addition to other essential duties.
Position Type: Full-time position (37.5 hours per week)
Experience required: 2+ years
Number of Positions: 1
Reporting to: Manager, Employer Partnerships and Services
Location: This opportunity is currently structured as a hybrid-remote position comprised of remote work-from-home functions, local travel to employer work sites and meetings with job seekers, and in-office work from one of our full suite Employment Centres located at Lawrence Ave. W. and Allen Rd. in mid-Toronto. The remote work component is contingent on the successful candidate possessing appropriate home office space and high-speed internet. Schedule will be as determined by the Manager of Employer Partnerships and Services. Company laptop and cell phone provided. Must possess valid Ontario G driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle to perform work functions.
Please note: Full-time employees in their first year with The Career Foundation are normally provided with a term employment agreement until they have reached one year of service, at which time if all is going mutually well they are offered indefinite employment.
Start date: Immediately
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: The Career Foundation is committed to the health and safety of its workforce. As of December 16, 2021, successful candidates for our internal employment opportunities must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit proof of same prior to receiving an official employment offer. Accommodations will be made where possible for qualifying medical or religious exemptions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Workforce Development, Employer Outreach, and Relationship Building
- Supports employers in identifying workforce development needs and supports the development of employer partnerships through various other initiatives.
- Works with employers to develop job descriptions for roles that address their hiring needs based upon skill requirements and other factors.
- Assists employers with recruiting employees by facilitating employment-related events, preparing job postings, and advertising positions on job boards to recruit qualified candidates for employers’ vacancies.
- Plans, organizes, and hosts job fairs and hiring events on behalf of employer partners.
- Develops two to three new relationships with employers each week in a variety of industries.
- Informs employers of relevant programs and services offered by The Career Foundation.
- Supports employer partners on various HR areas of their business and provides them with additional resources as needed.
- Arranges employer guest speakers to educate job seeker clients on employment opportunities, workplace expectations, etc.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date documentation on all job development activities performed, including client interviews arranged, current recruitment status of employer vacancies, and other job development activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Matching and Placement
- Places multiple job seekers into employment each week by matching them into advertised and non-advertised job opportunities.
- Matches job seeker clients with employment opportunities available with our employer partners.
- Conducts site visits at new employer partner facilities to ensure employers provide suitable and safe workplace environments for our job seeker clients.
- Negotiates and administers placement agreements and other employer incentives (e.g., wage subsidies, on-the-job training, etc.) and monitors training plans to ensure that all contractual obligations and expectations regarding job placements are met.
- Ensures quality of placements by appropriately matching candidates’ skills with job requirements.
- Serves as a resource to placed clients and employer partners to mediate issues if they arise and provides other supports that lead to job retention.
- Other duties as assigned.
Assessment, Job Search Support, and Retention
- Completes individual needs assessments with job seekers to determine their employment goals, contributes to the creation of their action plans, and provides coaching and support to help job seekers overcome barriers to employment.
- Supports job retention goals by monitoring clients’ employment progress and providing post-employment advice and support as needed.
- Provides job seekers with information about expectations in the workplace, life skills, and other topics that help strengthen their potential to find and retain employment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Marketing and Outreach
- Works with the team to plan, execute, and continuously monitor effective outreach plans to recruit new clients that can benefit from our services.
- Maintains up-to-date records of outreach efforts conducted.
- Plans and participates in community events, job fairs, and related activities to promote The Career Foundation’s services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- A minimum of 2 years’ direct service experience in job development, recruitment, job coaching, sales, and/or business development, or experience that is directly transferrable, is required.
- Previous experience with community outreach and developing relationships with employers considered a strong asset, along with knowledge of current labour market trends, the impact of COVID-19 on the labour market, job search techniques and employment research methods.
- Proven track record in a results-driven environment, with solid experience in meeting or exceeding targets, is highly preferred.
- Must possess a valid G driver’s licence and reliable vehicle to conduct work-related travel within the communities served.
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to uphold the organization’s service standards, policies, and core values.
- A professional and courteous approach to client service with a high level of respect for the diversity of the people served.
- Excellent verbal and written English communications skills and ability to clearly communicate information in written reports and during team meetings. Bilingualism considered an asset.
- High attention to detail with the ability to develop professional documents without errors.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), as well as Zoom and Outlook 365 applications, including Teams and SharePoint. Must also possess aptitude and willingness to learn and work with new online systems and technologies.
- Flexible team player with a positive attitude and willingness to take initiative to lend assistance where needed to ensure the team is successful in meeting goals.
- Ability to maintain sensitive information, exhibit tact, diplomacy, and good judgment, with high standards of ethics and confidentiality.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Willingness and flexibility to occasionally work outside of normal business hours during peak periods, as needed.
- Must be fully vaccinated (two doses) against COVID-19. The successful candidate will be required to submit official documentation to confirm vaccination status prior to job offer.
To apply for this position, please complete the application form below. We suggest using the latest version of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge to complete the form, in order to ensure that your application is submitted correctly.
*Should you experience any technical difficulties while submitting your application, please submit your résumé to email@example.com, along with a Word document that addresses all of the questions in the application form.
About The Career Foundation
The Career Foundation offers a wide range of career and job-related programs. Since its inception in 1988, The Career Foundation has steadily expanded its services. Operating out of seven locations, we now help thousands of people each year successfully accomplish their employment goals. For more information please visit our website at www.CareerFoundation.com.
The Career Foundation is committed to diversity and inclusion and aims to create a healthy and rewarding environment for all. We welcome applications from qualified individuals who represent the diversity of the people we proudly serve, including, but not limited to, visible minorities, women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples, and individuals of all genders and sexual orientation. The Career Foundation, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with candidates requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
We are a professional, result-driven organization that has been described by our employees as caring, compassionate, innovative, and team-oriented.
We also offer:
- Competitive compensation
- A comprehensive health benefits plan that includes massage therapy, naturopath services, and travel coverage
- An Employee & Family Assistance Program
- An RRSP matching plan
- A wellness program