Career Opportunity: Marketing and Communications Coordinator
About The Career Foundation: The Career Foundation is a dynamic non-profit organization that offers a wide range of employment, training, and HR services to job seekers and employers. Since its inception in 1988, The Career Foundation has steadily expanded its services. Operating out of seven locations, we now help thousands of people each year successfully accomplish their employment goals. Our team of dedicated professionals have described The Career Foundation as caring, compassionate, innovative, and team oriented. For more information about us and our services, please visit our website at CareerFoundation.com.
Some of the benefits and features available to our employees include:
- Competitive compensation
- A comprehensive Health Benefits plan that includes massage therapy, naturopath services, travel coverage, and much more
- A comprehensive Dental Insurance plan
- An Employee & Family Assistance program
- An RRSP Matching plan
- A Wellness program
Reporting to the VP of Strategic Development, Community and Corporate Relations, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator is an integral member of The Career Foundation’s team, responsible for assisting with the design of the marketing strategy to meet organizational goals. The
Marketing and Communications Coordinator oversees a small Marketing and Communications team comprised of one full-time Communications Specialist, and a part-time Marketing and Communications Associate. Other key functions of this management-level position with The Career Foundation include the following: developing and reviewing marketing and promotional materials, creating and approving social media content and appropriate responses to all social media inquiries, conducting data analytics, and writing staff and client newsletters. Updating The Career Foundation’s website, and contributing to and editing funding proposals, are other marketing and communications projects for which the Marketing and Communications department will be responsible, as well as other creative responsibilities.
- Position Type: Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
- Reporting to: Vice President, Strategic Development, Community and Corporate Relations
- Location: This opportunity is a hybrid-remote position comprised primarily of work-from-home functions and some on-site work, as needed, from a base location at Lawrence Ave. and Allen Rd. in Toronto, ON. The remote work schedule is contingent on the successful candidate possessing an appropriate work-from-home space with high-speed internet connection. Company laptop provided.
- Number of positions: 1
- Experience: 3 + years
- Start date: Immediate
- Please note: Full-time employees in their first year with The Career Foundation are normally provided with a term employment agreement until they have reached one year of service, at which time if all is going mutually well they are offered indefinite employment.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: The Career Foundation is committed to the health and safety of its workforce. As of December 16, 2021, successful candidates for our internal employment opportunities must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit proof of same prior to receiving an official employment offer. Accommodations will be made where possible for qualifying medical or religious exemptions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develops a strong understanding of The Career Foundation’s services and works collaboratively with internal Managers and Coordinators to assess program needs to help ensure program participation.
- Tracks and monitors annual marketing budget for programs.
- Supervises and supports the Communications Specialist in setting communication standards and expectations, as well as performing quality assurance of all marketing materials before release.
- Follows and maintains internal communication and style guidelines for all programs to ensure alignment with The Career Foundation’s brand and funder visibility requirements.
- Runs data analytics reports on social media and website platforms to measure and track the effectiveness of marketing efforts.
- Stays up-to-date on new innovations and technology related to marketing and communication and provides recommendations for improvements and best practices across the organization.
- Identifies potential suppliers and/or works with existing vendors to obtain quotes and negotiates best rates for the company’s marketing and communications purchases.
- Records, edits, and uploads digital content to various channels, including, but not limited to, podcasts, recorded webinars, and informational videos.
- Reviews and edits written materials utilized by the organization, including contributing to the creation of funder reports and funding proposals to support the organization’s growth initiatives.
- Maintains the organization’s website, including writing and designing new web pages that provide consistent flow, and writing detailed descriptions, captions, and alt text for images to improve search engine optimization (SEO) and to comply with CASL, AODA and WCAG 2.0 requirements for accessible images and multimedia.
- Works in collaboration with the Communications Specialist to develop content and approve marketing materials for all programs.
- Develops content for monthly internal and external newsletters, surveys and other communications.
- Ensures that the Marketing and Communications department maintains the organization’s digital communications tracker to capture number of monthly web visitors, podcast listens, etc.
- Creates and maintains the organization’s Media Kit and press releases and responds to media inquiries, coordinating interviews and preparing speaking points on behalf of executives when required.
- Attends important company events (e.g., milestone events and large-scale hiring events) to photograph and/or record video footage for use in marketing materials and creates signage and processes to ensure attendees are aware of and have agreed to be in recordings.
- Oversees and monitors the organization’s Google pages and prepares and/or reviews proposed responses for all Google Reviews.
- Collects and edits client success stories submitted by personnel of The Career Foundation and maintains Client Waiver forms granting permission to share success stories for promotional purposes.
- Provides expertise and guidance to assist the management team with updating or streamlining day-to-day processes related to communications, such as creating consistent templates and procedures, hiring event planning, etc.
- Supports with registrations for large-scale events and works in collaboration with management to organize staff schedules.
- Maintains detailed knowledge of The Career Foundation’s core values, strategic priorities, policies, procedures, and goals to collaborate effectively and provide excellent service to various stakeholders.
- Travels on an occasional basis to various office locations across the GTHA and surrounding areas.
- Other assignments as needed.
- University degree or college diploma relating to digital marketing, communications, or journalism is highly preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and practical experience is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience in a similar Marketing and Comms role that included supervision of direct reports, budget management, inter-departmental collaboration, and creating communications guidelines.
- Hands-on experience working with Canva, Hootsuite, Campaigner, and other communications software is required, in addition to experience with Google analytics and SEO strategies, with a strong understanding of marketing data analyses and reporting. Must also possess hands-on experience with creating various types of marketing collateral and writing and editing content. Note: Candidates will be asked to submit samples of their past work prior to reaching the interview stage.
- Highly developed writing and editing skills. Previous experience in a professional writing or editing role is highly desirable and considered an asset.
- Exceptional attention-to-detail and ability to produce work with a high level of accuracy.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills relating to planning, record-keeping, and maintaining and executing an ongoing timetable of activities and deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written English communications skills and ability to clearly communicate information in written reports and during team meetings. Bilingualism considered an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to plan a project from start to finish, including project design, researching, and budgeting.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook 365 applications, including SharePoint, Teams, Forms, and Bookings.
- Responsive and flexible to evolving responsibilities and able to take initiative, with ability to successfully switch gears quickly to respond to different priorities.
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to uphold the organization’s service standards, policies, and core values.
- A professional and courteous approach to client service with a high level of respect for the diversity of the people served.
- High standards of ethics and confidentiality with proven ability to maintain sensitive information and exhibit tact, diplomacy, and good judgment. Experience with procedures and best practices to protect privacy and security of confidential information is preferred.
- Ability to work very independently and develop strong working relationships with various teams and stakeholders.
- Willingness and flexibility to occasionally work outside of normal business hours during peak periods as needed.
- Must be fully vaccinated (two doses) against COVID-19. The successful candidate will be required to submit official documentation to confirm vaccination status prior to job offer.
To apply for this position, please complete the application form below. We suggest using the latest version of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge to complete the form, in order to ensure that your application is submitted correctly.
*Should you experience any technical difficulties while submitting your application, please submit your résumé to email@example.com, along with a Word document that addresses all of the questions in the application form.
About The Career Foundation
The Career Foundation offers a wide range of career and job-related programs. Since its inception in 1988, The Career Foundation has steadily expanded its services. Operating out of seven locations, we now help thousands of people each year successfully accomplish their employment goals. For more information please visit our website at www.CareerFoundation.com.
The Career Foundation is committed to diversity and inclusion and aims to create a healthy and rewarding environment for all. We welcome applications from qualified individuals who represent the diversity of the people we proudly serve, including, but not limited to, visible minorities, women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples, and individuals of all genders and sexual orientation. The Career Foundation, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with candidates requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
We are a professional, result-driven organization that has been described by our employees as caring, compassionate, innovative, and team-oriented.
We also offer:
- Competitive compensation
- A comprehensive health benefits plan that includes massage therapy, naturopath services, and travel coverage
- An Employee & Family Assistance Program
- An RRSP matching plan
- A wellness program