Career Opportunity: Placement Specialist, IT & Tech (Path To Customer Success Program)
- Position type: Full-time, one-year agreement (a leave-based position)
- Location: Base office location at Lawrence and Allen Rd. in Toronto, but this is a mostly remote-based position. The successful candidate must be based in Ontario and have a professional and private work-from-home office with reliable internet connection. Must also be willing and able to travel between locations throughout the GTHA as needed with a valid Ontario G driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Number of positions: 1
- Years’ Experience: 2+
- Reporting to: Program Coordinator
- Start date: Immediately
Description: The Path to Customer Success (Path2CS) program assists diverse women from across Ontario who have lost their jobs in the service sector due to COVID-19 and prepares them for remote work in Customer Success roles. The Path2CS program also works with employers to assist them with matching program participants with their vacancies based upon participants’ skills, capabilities, interests, and experience. Additionally, employers receive support with remote and virtual training plans, placement monitoring, and retention services that will support long-term success for their employees.
The Placement Specialist is an important member of the Path2CS team, responsible for partnering with employers in IT & Tech to place program participants into long-term employment opportunities. The Placement Specialist will work directly with program participants and employers to determine their specific needs and factors that influence employment retention. The Placement Specialist will also conduct a full spectrum of job development activities to connect job seekers to employment opportunities and will be responsible for achieving specific targets and goals on an ongoing basis, pursuant to the program funder’s requirements.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Program Promotion & Participant Recruitment:
- Presents the program to community partners and potential participants, ensuring they understand the program components, objectives, and time requirements.
- Recruits eligible participants into the program utilizing various recruitment methods, including facilitating referrals from community partners, promoting the program via job boards, social media, etc.
- Conducts accurate assessments of applicants based on program eligibility requirements and ensures all mandatory intake forms are completed.
- Schedules interviews, conducts intake sessions, and facilitates numerous information sessions.
- Answers inquiries from applicants and partners via phone and email.
- Provides referral services to applicants as necessary.
- Contacts program applicants to extend offers or to communicate regrets and refers those not selected elsewhere.
- Liaises with community partners regarding client referrals and client progress as needed.
Workforce Development, Employer Outreach & Relationship Building:
- Develops 2-3 new relationships with employers each week in the IT & Tech sectors.
- Assesses job seekers’ needs and circumstances and develops employment opportunities that support success for their life and career goals.
- Works with employers to understand their work environments and develops flexible remote work opportunities for program participants.
- Provides industry and workplace-specific orientations to program participants.
- Arranges employer guest speakers as part of ensuring program participants have a clear understanding of specific workplace and industry requirements.
- Participates in workforce development initiatives, analyzes employer workforce needs, and supports the development of employer partnerships
- Maintains, fosters, and nurtures ongoing relationships with employers.
- Serves as a resource for employers, advising them on human resources and other employment related issues.
- Initiates and maintains accurate documentation of contacted employers, job leads, and any other job development activities for information retrieval.
- Maintains a database with accurate notes regarding client interviews, current recruitment statuses, and job development activities.
- Informs employers of other relevant programs and services of The Career Foundation and promotes all fee-for-service/fundraising initiatives.
Job Matching and Placement:
- Places a minimum of 3-4 job seekers per week into full-time employment through advertised and non-advertised job leads.
- Negotiates and administers placement agreements and employer incentives (e.g., wage subsidy, on-the-job training plans, etc.) and monitors training plans ensuring expectations of placements are met.
- Ensures quality of placements by appropriately matching candidates’ skills with job requirements.
- Conducts required employer site visits and virtual meetings, ensuring workplace health and safety policies are in place.
- Supports employers and the program participants who are placed into employment with any arising retention issues.
- Matches employers with suitable candidates for their vacancies, working with employer to carve out roles from existing job descriptions based on needs and skills requirements.
- Makes resources available in print and/or online on topics such as workplace health and safety, the Employment Standards Act, etc.
Job Retention Services / Job Development:
- Coaches participants during job placements to ensure they retain their positions.
- Mediates on-the-job conflict between employers and participants as needed.
- Advises employed participants on career laddering opportunities and plans next steps.
- Assists participants with re-entry into the IT & Tech industry as needed.
- Provides ongoing job placement services as required.
- Completes weekly check-ins with participants while in work experience placements.
- Purchases and distributes participant supports.
Qualifications / Skills Required:
- University degree or college diploma in human services, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of direct service experience in employment counselling, human resources, and/or employer relations is required. Preference will be given to candidates who also possess direct experience or knowledge of the IT & Tech industry.
- Proven track record in a results-driven environment, with solid experience in meeting or exceeding goals.
- Strong understanding of the unique needs of women seeking access into the IT sector.
- Previous experience facilitating workshops, adult teaching, and resume writing experience considered an asset.
- Knowledge of current labour market trends, the impact of COVID-19 on the labour market, job search techniques, and employment research methods is required, as well as knowledge of community resources and supports available to job seekers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), as well as Zoom and Outlook 365 applications, including Teams and SharePoint. Must also possess aptitude and willingness to learn and work with new online systems and technologies.
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to uphold the organization’s service standards, policies, and core values.
- A professional and courteous approach to client service with a high level of respect for the diversity of the people served.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, detail orientation, and ability to clearly communicate information in written reports and during team meetings. Bilingualism considered an asset.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with a proven ability to multitask.
- Flexible team player with a positive attitude and willingness to take initiative to lend assistance where needed to ensure the team is successful in meeting goals.
- Capable of working under pressure with frequent interruptions.
- Willingness and flexibility to occasionally work outside of normal business hours, including evenings and weekends, during peak periods, when required.
- Must be willing to work remotely and have a professional and private home office space with reliable internet connection. Must also be willing and able to travel between locations throughout the GTHA as needed with a valid Ontario G driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
To apply for this position, please complete the application form below. We suggest using the latest version of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge to complete the form, in order to ensure that your application is submitted correctly.
*Should you experience any technical difficulties while submitting your application, please submit your résumé to email@example.com, along with a Word document that addresses all of the questions in the application form.
About The Career Foundation
The Career Foundation offers a wide range of career and job-related programs. Since its inception in 1988, The Career Foundation has steadily expanded its services. Operating out of seven locations, we now help thousands of people each year successfully accomplish their employment goals. For more information please visit our website at www.CareerFoundation.com.
The Career Foundation is committed to diversity and inclusion and aims to create a healthy and rewarding environment for all. We welcome applications from qualified individuals who represent the diversity of the people we proudly serve, including, but not limited to, visible minorities, women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples, and individuals of all genders and sexual orientation. The Career Foundation, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with candidates requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
We are a professional, result-driven organization that has been described by our employees as caring, compassionate, innovative, and team-oriented.
We also offer:
- Competitive compensation
- A comprehensive health benefits plan that includes massage therapy, naturopath services, and travel coverage
- An Employee & Family Assistance Program
- An RRSP matching plan
- A wellness program