Career Opportunity: Project Administrator
About The Career Foundation: The Career Foundation is a dynamic non-profit organization that offers a wide range of employment, training, and HR services to job seekers and employers. Since its inception in 1988, The Career Foundation has steadily expanded its services. Operating out of seven locations, we now help thousands of people each year successfully accomplish their employment goals. Our team of dedicated professionals have described The Career Foundation as caring, compassionate, innovative, and team-oriented. For more information about us and our services, please visit our website at CareerFoundation.com.
Some of the benefits and features available to our employees include:
- Competitive compensation
- A comprehensive Health Benefits plan that includes massage therapy, naturopath services, travel coverage, and much more
- A comprehensive Dental Insurance plan
- An Employee & Family Assistance program
- An RRSP Matching plan
- A Wellness program
Position Description: The Project Administrator will provide essential administrative support to all programs at The Career Foundation. Essential responsibilities include, data input and management, budgeting, and managing confidential documentation and records, among other duties.
- Position Type: Full-time, one-year contract with good possibility to lead to continuous employment
- Experience: 2+ years
- Number of Positions: 1
- Reporting to: Director of Programs and Director of Workforce Development
- Location: Hybrid remote work model, with some in-office hours combined with remote work-from-home functions. Base office location available at one of our Greater Toronto Area (GTA) offices. Note: The hybrid working schedule will be contingent on the successful candidate having appropriate work-from-home space and reliable, high-speed internet.
- Start date: Immediately
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Inputs data on internal and funder-mandated online systems.
- Tracks and documents program statistics required by The Career Foundation, program funders, and partners.
- Organizes and manages the collection of documentation as mandated by government funder.
- Schedules interview bookings for participants and instructors.
- Collects and organizes identification and resumes from applicants while adhering to privacy policies.
- Manages and organizes data collection (e.g., satisfaction surveys, training plans, COVID screening documents, etc.)
- Manages program forms and online application systems.
- Assists with program marketing and outreach.
- Coordinates with the communications team and contributes to digital marketing content.
- Ensures all descriptions about programming on the organization’s website are current and accurate.
- Assists in coordinating and facilitating job fairs and other events.
- Arranges and facilitates mailing and postage needs.
- Attends monthly Advisory Committee and Partner meetings and records minutes.
- Creates excel spreadsheets, SharePoint pages, and various templates for program tracking and administration purposes.
- Supports the Program Coordinators and Managers with additional tasks as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Project Management Support:
- Assists with creating and tracking project workplans and timelines to ensure projects are running per schedule.
- Works with Microsoft Suite of tools, including SharePoint, Forms, Planner, etc. to aid in the sharing of project documents and statistics.
- Assists Managers and Program Coordinators with technical support as needed (e.g., creating Microsoft Forms, creating SharePoint sites, creating schedules using Calendly, etc.)
- Oversees the creation of project forms, processes, and policies in collaboration with appropriate departments at The Career Foundation, and Project Advisory Committees, as required.
- Collects and records project targets and deliverables.
- Assists and supports with participant recruitment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reporting & Proposal Preparation:
- Collects statistics and reports from Program Coordinators, Managers, and other staff members.
- Provides program statistics and budget reports to Directors.
- Assists with monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for the funders and other project stakeholders.
- Assists with creating and facilitating program evaluation tools and develops annual evaluation reports.
- Assists with annual program audits to ensure funder expectations are met.
- Administers quality assurance monitoring systems to evaluate compliance with client service, file documentation, budget management practices, and all policies and procedures.
- Assists with proposals by researching labour market statistics, creating narrative/content, compiling data, and preparing responses to Calls for Proposals.
- Organizes and prepares for on-site funder visits, including coordinating schedules for all required attendees.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Skills Required:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of proven, hands-on transferrable work experience in an administrative support capacity is required.
- Experience writing proposals and/or research papers. Candidates with this expertise will be prioritized.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), as well as Zoom, and Outlook 365 applications, including Teams, SharePoint, Forms, and Bookings.
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to uphold the organization’s service standards, policies, and core values.
- A professional and courteous approach to client service with a high level of respect for the diversity of the people served.
- Must be results-driven with exceptional organizational skills, time management, and ability to multi-task to meet deadlines and achieve program targets and objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to clearly communicate information verbally and in writing, when participating in meetings and drafting reports.
- Punctual, self-motivated, and self-directed.
- Willingness to step-in to assist team members as needed to help ensure program goals are met.
- Ability to maintain sensitive information, exhibit tact, diplomacy, and good judgment, with exacting standards of professionalism, ethics, and confidentiality.
- Capable of working under pressure with frequent interruptions and ability to prioritize while working on different demands and urgencies at once.
- Able to work independently and build strong working team relationships.
- Must be flexible to work outside of normal business hours when needed, including evenings and weekends, during peak periods.
- Must be equipped to work remotely, with reliable internet connection and professional work-at-home space.
To apply for this position, please complete the application form below. We suggest using the latest version of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge to complete the form, in order to ensure that your application is submitted correctly.
*Should you experience any technical difficulties while submitting your application, please submit your résumé to email@example.com, along with a Word document that addresses all of the questions in the application form.
About The Career Foundation
The Career Foundation offers a wide range of career and job-related programs. Since its inception in 1988, The Career Foundation has steadily expanded its services. Operating out of seven locations, we now help thousands of people each year successfully accomplish their employment goals. For more information please visit our website at www.CareerFoundation.com.
The Career Foundation is committed to diversity and inclusion and aims to create a healthy and rewarding environment for all. We welcome applications from qualified individuals who represent the diversity of the people we proudly serve, including, but not limited to, visible minorities, women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples, and individuals of all genders and sexual orientation. The Career Foundation, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with candidates requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
We are a professional, result-driven organization that has been described by our employees as caring, compassionate, innovative, and team-oriented.
We also offer:
- Competitive compensation
- A comprehensive health benefits plan that includes massage therapy, naturopath services, and travel coverage
- An Employee & Family Assistance Program
- An RRSP matching plan
- A wellness program