Career Opportunity: Project Coordinator (Women’s Employment Readiness Program)
About The Career Foundation: The Career Foundation is a dynamic non-profit organization that offers a wide range of employment, training, and HR services to job seekers and employers. Since its inception in 1988, The Career Foundation has steadily expanded its services. Operating out of seven locations, we now help thousands of people each year successfully accomplish their employment goals. Our team of dedicated professionals have described The Career Foundation as caring, compassionate, innovative, and team oriented. For more information about us and our services, please visit our website at CareerFoundation.com.
Some of the benefits and features available to our employees include:
- Competitive compensation
- A comprehensive Health Benefits plan that includes massage therapy, naturopath services, travel coverage, and much more
- A comprehensive Dental Insurance plan
- An Employee & Family Assistance program
- An RRSP Matching plan
- A Wellness program
Program and Role description: This program provides eligible participants with a 14-week pre-employment and skills development training model that integrates technology, sales and high-performance workplace skills to prepare women for future-oriented careers across Ontario and British Columbia. Participants will consist of women, including those who are immigrants, women with disabilities, self-identifying LGBTQ2 individuals, and those who have experienced prolonged unemployment. The program team will also work closely with employers to conduct Gender Based Analysis (GBA+) workplace and policy assessments and to deliver Gender Equity and Inclusion training.
The Project Coordinator is an essential member of the program and part of The Career Foundation’s management team. The Project Coordinator is responsible for program staff supervision, budget accountability, monitoring the program’s progress towards goals, preparing reports for the program’s funder, and other essential responsibilities to ensure the success of the program.
- Position Type: This will be a full-time, one-year contract with good possibility to lead to permanent employment and is currently contingent on program funding that is anticipated to commence on April 1, 2022.
- Reporting to: Director
- Location(s): This will be a hybrid-remote position comprised of on-site work at a base office in Toronto, ON, work-from-home functions, and travel between other sites across the Greater Toronto Area. Must have valid G driver’s licence and access to reliable vehicle for work-related travel, and appropriate work-from-home space with high-speed internet connection.
- Number of positions: 1
- Experience: 4 + years
- Start date: April 2022
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: The Career Foundation is committed to the health and safety of its workforce. As of December 16, 2021, successful candidates for our internal employment opportunities must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit proof of same prior to receiving an official employment offer. Accommodations will be made where possible for qualifying medical or religious exemptions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Program and Staff Supervision & Funder Relations:
- Establishes the program’s structure, workflow, and partnerships in accordance with the project’s approved funding proposal to ensure the success of the women and employers served.
- Conducts interviews and makes hiring decisions for the program’s team members.
- Develops case management model and trains program staff on case management standards.
- Establishes program targets, deliverables and milestones, and assigns targets to each role on the team.
- Coordinates and supervises the day-to-day operations of the program, including client service, staff supervision, and partner relations.
- Supervises and motivates staff in reaching program targets and service expectations.
- Organizes and leads staff training, case conferencing, and daily staff meetings.
- Collects and monitors staff activity reports (e.g., number of interviews scheduled for program participants, potential employers contacted, etc.)
- Regularly monitors team and individual performance results against program targets to ensure the achievement of the expected results in accordance with funder requirements.
- Communicates with Director regarding staff performance and program status in relation to funder’s contract requirements and needs of the program.
- Schedules office activities to ensure staff coverage and uninterrupted service to clients.
- Identifies strategic partnerships with community services in Ontario and BC to ensure a diverse pool of applicants for the program, with a focus on priority groups as identified by the funder, including women who are immigrants, women with disabilities, self-identifying LGBTQ2 individuals along with those who have experienced prolonged unemployment.
- Communicates with the program’s funder as needed.
- Authors and edits reports and other important communications for the program’s funder when required.
- Follows and enforces internal standards and policies and procedures.
- Attends manager and community partner meetings and shares information.
- Addresses client feedback and mediates issues if they arise.
- Conducts case management and maintains documentation of participant files, records of service and participant progress reports in internal and funder-mandated online systems.
- Collects and maintains statistical information on client needs and program activities.
- Works in collaboration with The Career Foundation’s Communications team to develop effective marketing campaigns for the program.
- Cultivates a positive and collaborative working environment for the team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintains, tracks, and administers the project’s comprehensive budget with accurate and up-to-date data.
- Assumes full accountabilities for all related expenditures and budget outcomes.
- Responds in a timely manner to all inquires and requests from the organization’s Finance department regarding the project budget.
- Tracks expenditures for project-related expenses and submits claims to Finance.
- Oversees and approves staff expenses in accordance with related policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Hands-On Client Service (Job Search Coaching & Workshop Facilitation):
- Researches, develops, and creates materials for the delivery of workshops that are designed to teach independent job search skills and life skills to marginalized women, and supports the program’s team to facilitate workshops.
- Leads group work through in-person and online activities.
- Manages conflicts and disruptions during workshops in a proactive and professional manner if they arise.
- Fosters respect, leadership, confidence, and other life skills when working with program participants.
- Works individually with participants in developing skills related to creating effective self-marketing materials, including cover letters, resumes, letters of introduction, follow-up correspondence, etc.
- Coaches participants on interview preparation and self-presentation techniques and discusses life skills with participants in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Supports participants with their job search, including contacting employers to broker interviews.
- Provides participants with wraparound and referral information for other services in the community.
- Maintains records of client job search activities and other supports provided.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary degree in a related field is preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- A minimum 4 years’ project and staff management experience, including direct supervision of a team, comprehensive program reporting, and target achievement is required.
- A minimum 2 years’ experience managing budgets with full accountability for forecasts and related expenditures, and a proven ability to identify and reconcile variances.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working on women focused projects is preferred.
- Preference will be given to candidates who possess the above qualifications as well as vocational counselling and/or job placement experience supporting job seekers and specifically under-represented women.
- Proven track record in a results-driven environment and solid experience in meeting or exceeding targets.
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and experience with developing project materials and business documents considered an asset.
- Must be positive and results-driven in nature and capable of achieving program goals.
- A professional and courteous approach to client service with a high level of respect for the diversity of the people served, including participants who face barriers to employment.
- Knowledge of current labour market trends, the impact of COVID-19 on the labour market, job search techniques, and employment research methods.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills with ability to clearly communicate information verbally and in writing.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), as well as Zoom, and Outlook 365 applications, including Teams, SharePoint, Forms, and Bookings. Must also possess aptitude and willingness to learn and work with new online systems and technologies.
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to uphold the organization’s service standards, policies, and core values.
- Outstanding organizational skills, time management, and ability to multi-task in order to meet deadlines and achieve program targets and objectives.
- Punctual, self-motivated and self-directed.
- Willingness to step-in to assist team members as needed to help ensure program goals are met.
- Ability to maintain sensitive information, exhibit tact, diplomacy and good judgment, with high standards of professionalism, ethics and confidentiality when facing challenging situations.
- Capable of working under pressure with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to build strong working team relationships.
- Must be able to work from base office location in Toronto, ON, and travel between other locations in the GTA on a regular basis. Must possess a valid G driver’s licence and access to reliable vehicle for work-related travel.
- Must be equipped to perform some job functions remotely from home with appropriate work-from-home space and high-speed internet connection.
- Willingness and flexibility to occasionally work outside of normal business hours during peak periods, when required.
- Must be fully vaccinated (two doses) against COVID-19. The successful candidate will be required to submit official documentation to confirm vaccination status prior to job offer.
To apply for this position, please complete the application form below. We suggest using the latest version of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge to complete the form, in order to ensure that your application is submitted correctly.
*Should you experience any technical difficulties while submitting your application, please submit your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a Word document that addresses all of the questions in the application form.
About The Career Foundation
The Career Foundation offers a wide range of career and job-related programs. Since its inception in 1988, The Career Foundation has steadily expanded its services. Operating out of seven locations, we now help thousands of people each year successfully accomplish their employment goals. For more information please visit our website at www.CareerFoundation.com.
The Career Foundation is committed to diversity and inclusion and aims to create a healthy and rewarding environment for all. We welcome applications from qualified individuals who represent the diversity of the people we proudly serve, including, but not limited to, visible minorities, women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples, and individuals of all genders and sexual orientation. The Career Foundation, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with candidates requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
We are a professional, result-driven organization that has been described by our employees as caring, compassionate, innovative, and team-oriented.
We also offer:
- Competitive compensation
- A comprehensive health benefits plan that includes massage therapy, naturopath services, and travel coverage
- An Employee & Family Assistance Program
- An RRSP matching plan
- A wellness program