Career Opportunity: Recruitment and Special Projects Coordinator
- Position Type: Temporary, full-time contract
- Experience Required: 4+ years
- Number of Positions: 1
- Reporting to: Chief Operating Officer
- Location: Toronto
- Start Date: Immediately
Position description: As a key member of the organization’s HR department, the Recruitment and Special Projects Coordinator is responsible for full cycle recruitment initiatives for all internal vacancies, in addition to onboarding, retention, and staff engagement, as well as leading special projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited, to:
- Takes lead role over full cycle recruitment for all internal vacancies; creates and finalizes job postings in collaboration with hiring supervisors; strategically advertises job postings on external sites for maximum exposure; reviews resumes; creates, coordinates, and marks pre-screen documents completed by candidates; completes reference checks; conducts interviews; makes hiring recommendations; and supports and guides hiring supervisors accordingly.
- Works in collaboration with and supervises the part-time Recruitment and Special Projects Assistant on all recruitment activities.
- Works in collaboration with management to proactively identify future hiring needs and organizes company recruitment events as needed.
- Utilizes social media to actively recruit candidates; works in collaboration with the Communications Officer to ensure all vacancies are promoted on the organization’s social media pages.
- Creates and updates role-specific and standard interview questions for all positions to maintain consistency throughout the organization; ensures hiring supervisors have the most up-to-date information.
- Creates and maintains pre-screen exercises and scoring tools for all roles as required in the recruitment process.
- Ensures job postings are removed from all advertising mediums once filled.
- Ensures all interviewed candidates not selected are notified of the decision.
- Conducts ongoing research to find new advertising mediums to post job opportunities.
- Conducts ongoing research for modern screening tools and techniques to keep the organization’s recruitment processes up-to-date and makes recommendations to the executive team.
- Creates, distributes, and reviews annual surveys to management regarding recruitment processes and makes changes when necessary.
- Prepares semi-annual reports for senior leadership regarding the organization’s recruitment efforts and achievements.
- Creates, maintains, and edits staff job descriptions, and ensures all supervisors have the most up-to-date documents available for their teams.
- Supports supervisors with creating staff training documents and collects completed training checklists at required intervals for all new staff; maintains files of all training plans for each position at the organization.
- Conducts check-ins with new staff at different intervals.
- Supports retention strategy research and initiatives.
- Tracks retention rates and provides reports.
- Provides support and guidance to supervisors regarding staff challenges.
- Conducts exit interviews and provides feedback to management and senior leadership.
Canada Summer Jobs:
- Assesses staffing needs and prepares and submits proposals on an annual basis for funding and student placements under the Canada Summer Jobs program.
- Oversees the program and short-term placements, including orientation once new hires are deployed.
- Acts as the liaison with the program funder and ensures all reporting requirements and other needs are met.
Investing in Neighbourhoods:
- Writes funding proposals for approval and liaises with the funder of the Investing in Neighbourhoods (IIN) program.
- Oversees the program at the organization, including working collaboratively with supervisors to resolve any issues.
- Ensures all reporting requirements and other needs of the program are met.
- Takes lead role in managing the organization’s Volunteer program; works in collaboration with supervisors to assess volunteer needs in each program; oversees and participates in the full cycle recruitment process.
- Ensures all teams are delivering consistent training to volunteers; creates and/or reviews training materials; participates in delivering training to new volunteers as needed.
Practicum Student Recruitment:
- Takes lead role in recruiting practicum students; matches students with appropriate opportunities within the organization; creates and maintains relationships with schools as a source of referrals.
- Represents the organization at college program advisory committees.
- Coordinates with the WSIB for client service opportunities through an existing partnership.
- Other duties as required.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- University degree in human resources or related field, or equivalent practical work experience.
- CHRP designation preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years of practical, hands-on experience in a similar role that included full-cycle recruitment and other HR responsibilities.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel, as well as Zoom, and Outlook 365 applications, including Teams, SharePoint, Forms, and Bookings.
- High standards of ethics and confidentiality with proven ability to maintain sensitive information and exhibit tact, diplomacy, and good judgment.
- Outstanding customer service and interpersonal communication skills in all interactions with staff, job candidates, funders, community partners, and other stakeholders.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional attention-to-detail, organizational and time management skills, with a proven ability to prioritize, multitask and meet deadlines.
- Responsive and flexible to evolving responsibilities and able to take initiative – all Head Office staff must be able to successfully “switch gears” quickly to respond to different priorities, with their work varying from day-to-day.
- Equipped to work remotely, with reliable internet connection.
- Willingness and flexibility to occasionally work outside of normal business hours, including evenings and weekends, during peak periods for Head Office.
- Travels on an occasional basis to various office locations across the GTHA and surrounding areas.
- Other duties as required.
To apply for this position, please complete the application form below. We suggest using the latest version of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge to complete the form, in order to ensure that your application is submitted correctly.
*Should you experience any technical difficulties while submitting your application, please submit your résumé to email@example.com, along with a Word document that addresses all of the questions in the application form.
About The Career Foundation
The Career Foundation offers a wide range of career and job-related programs. Since its inception in 1988, The Career Foundation has steadily expanded its services. Operating out of seven locations, we now help thousands of people each year successfully accomplish their employment goals. For more information please visit our website at www.CareerFoundation.com.
The Career Foundation is committed to diversity and inclusion and aims to create a healthy and rewarding environment for all. We welcome applications from qualified individuals who represent the diversity of the people we proudly serve, including, but not limited to, visible minorities, women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples, and individuals of all genders and sexual orientation. The Career Foundation, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with candidates requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
We are a professional, result-driven organization that has been described by our employees as caring, compassionate, innovative, and team-oriented.
We also offer:
- Competitive compensation
- A comprehensive health benefits plan that includes massage therapy, naturopath services, and travel coverage
- An Employee & Family Assistance Program
- An RRSP matching plan
- A wellness program