Employers who meet eligibility criteria are welcome to participate in the General Carpenter Pre-Apprenticeship program, including hiring program graduates!
Benefits for Participating Employers
- Access a pool of trained job seekers;
- Apply for government-sponsored Training Incentive Funds to mediate training costs;
- Create jobs for youth facing very high unemployment rates;
- Employ individuals with up-to-date techniques and health and safety practices;
- Gain support from our program staff;
- Guide and train the next generation of carpenters;
- Work with motivated, committed youth equipped with all the necessary personal protective equipment (PPE);
- Participate at no cost.
Employer Eligibility Criteria
As an employer seeking eligibility to participate in the General Carpenter Pre-Apprenticeship program, you must:
- Be licensed to operate in Ontario;
- Comply with all applicable legislation including federal/provincial human rights legislation, regulations, and any other relevant standards, occupational health and safety act, employment standards act, freedom of information and protection of privacy legislation;
- Provide employment in Ontario;
- Maintain appropriate WSIB or alternative workplace safety insurance coverage and have adequate third party general liability insurance;
- Program is not to be used to replace existing employees.
If you require any additional information, please contact us by email: email@example.com or by phone at: 416-731-1737