Coordinated by The Career Foundation
Job Title: Front Desk Agent
Location: Toronto, ON
Wage: $14.00 to $14.50/hour
Work Hours: Full-time
*** The following posting is part of our Employing Young Talent Incentive program, intended for job seekers between the age of 15-29 years, not currently in full-time work or full-time school, and able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week.
The Career Foundation is a not-for-profit organization that receives funding from the government, private sector companies, and individual donors. Our mission is to link the resources of private sector companies, education, and government to help all members of the community make the transition into employment.
The Career Foundation offers services at no cost to job seekers in order to help them reach their employment goals. Our services, which are available at no cost to you, include workshops, individual coaching, training opportunities, and more. Participation in these services may be suggested to applicants in order to improve their likelihood of employment success.
Our employer client is seeking a full-time Front Desk Agent, who will work at a prestigious condominium in downtown Toronto.
- Keep front desk tidy and presentable with all necessary material (pens, forms, paper etc.)
- Greet and welcome guests.
- Answer questions and address complaints.
- Answer all incoming calls and redirect them or keep messages.
- Receive letters, packages etc. and distribute them.
- Prepare outgoing mail by drafting correspondence, securing parcels etc.
- Check, sort and forward emails.
- Monitor office supplies and place orders when necessary.
- Keep updated records and files.
- Monitor office expenses and costs.
- Take up other duties as assigned (travel arrangements, schedules etc.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience as a front desk representative, agent or relevant position is preferred.
- Familiarity with computer for booking systems and emails.
- Proficient in English (oral and written).
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel and Word).
- Strong communication and people skills.
- Good organizational and multi-tasking abilities.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Customer service orientation.
- High School diploma; additional qualifications will be a plus.
*How to Apply:
Please forward your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com, with “Front Desk Agent – Ref # EYTI-KY” as the subject header. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
Posting Expiry Date: March 8, 2019