Career Opportunity: Administrative Assistant / Job Developer Assistant
- Title: Administrative Assistant / Job Developer Assistant – Carpentry Program
- Position Type: Full-time contract until Sept. 30th, 2021 (possibility of extension)
- Experience: 1+ years
- Number of Positions: 1
- Reporting to: Program Coordinator
- Location: Hamilton, ON (remote role for the time being due to COVID – will return to office when deemed safe
- Start Date: June 2021
Position Description: The Administrative Assistant / Job Developer Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the General Carpentry Pre-Apprenticeship Youth Program. You will work in partnership with the team to support the participants in completing the program as well as employer partners with their workforce development needs. The ideal candidate will have very strong administrative skills and be able to thrive in a face paced work environment.
- Provide administrative support for the program and staff
- Work with the participants, employer partners, and team to gather all required program documentation
- Assist team in finding suitable candidates to fill the group through the application process
- Maintain accurate documentation of contacted employers, job leads, and any other job development activity
- Attend to incoming calls, provide program information to callers, and online applicants
- Liaise with prospective applicants to encourage / confirm their participation
- Facilitate initial eligibility screening for assisted services and prepare proper documentation
- Provide information referral services to participants regarding other Employment Ontario and community service
- Assist staff in the creation and distribution of promotional materials
- Assist in scheduling new candidates for assessments and workshops
- Conduct consistent follow-up with new participants that have been scheduled to start the program
- Communicate with partners to maintain effective referral and reporting relationships
- Direct participants to relevant job search resource.
- Conduct industry research and compiles data and statistics
- Research and organize industry-relevant resources and links
- Other duties as required.
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience is required
- Experience in an administrative role will be considered an asset
- Comfortable working with barriered youth
- Superior computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point)
- Knowledge of online communication platforms, techniques, and tools (Zoom, MS Teams and SharePoint) with an aptitude and willingness to learn and
work with new technologies
- Customer service oriented with ability to uphold the organization’s service standards and policies
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills for giving and receiving information, participating in meetings, and writing reports
- A professional yet courteous approach to service with a high level of respect for the diversity of the people served and an ability to maintain
- Excellent organizational skills, able to multi-task, take initiative, and manage change/transition.
- Knowledge of the current labour market trends, the impact of COVID-19 on the labour market, job search techniques and employment research methods
- Demonstrated care and concern for maintaining the good reputation of The Career Foundation
- Possesses core competencies including communication skills, punctuality & attendance, organization/time management, self-motivated/self-directed, interpersonal skills/attributes, and professionalism
- Flexible to assist team members and clients while ensuring that all program goals are met
- Ability to work remotely in a productive and efficient manner when required
- Flexible to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Fluent in English – a second language will be considered an asset.
To apply for this position, please complete the application form below. We suggest using the latest version of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge to complete the form, in order to ensure that your application is submitted correctly.
*Should you experience any technical difficulties while submitting your application, please submit your résumé to email@example.com, along with a Word document that addresses all of the questions in the application form.
About The Career Foundation
The Career Foundation offers a wide range of career and job-related programs. Since its inception in 1988, The Career Foundation has steadily expanded its services. Operating out of seven locations, we now help thousands of people each year successfully accomplish their employment goals. For more information please visit our website at www.CareerFoundation.com.
The Career Foundation is committed to diversity and inclusion and aims to create a healthy and rewarding environment for all. We welcome applications from qualified individuals who represent the diversity of the people we proudly serve, including, but not limited to, visible minorities, women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples, and individuals of all genders and sexual orientation. The Career Foundation, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with candidates requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
We are a professional, result-driven organization that has been described by our employees as caring, compassionate, innovative, and team-oriented.
We also offer:
- Competitive compensation
- A comprehensive health benefits plan that includes massage therapy, naturopath services, and travel coverage
- An Employee & Family Assistance Program
- An RRSP matching plan
- A wellness program