Career Opportunity: Business Development Specialist
- Title: Business Development Specialist
- Position Type: Full-time contract until March 31, 2022 (strong possibility of renewal)
- Experience: 2+ years
- Number of Positions: 1
- Reporting to: Program Manager
- Location: Toronto
- Start Date: Immediately
Program Description: The Canada-Ontario Job Grant (COJG) offers financial support to employers and businesses across Ontario to offset the cost of training their employees with a plan to deliver short-term training for existing and new employees. The Canada-Ontario Job Grant (COJG) provides employers an opportunity to invest in their workforce, upgrade their skills and knowledge and promote job advancement opportunities for employees.
- Develops employer contacts and regularly promotes the main benefits and features of COJG (Canada-Ontario Job Grant)
- Assists employers with identifying their employment and training needs to secure training applications for existing employees and/or new hires
- Reviews, processes, and administers training agreements on behalf of employer
- Promotes other employer incentives, when needed (wage subsidy, on-the job training, etc.)
- Monitors individual monthly targets allocated to COJG budget and consistently meets objectives
- Conducts workplace monitoring sessions in accordance with training schedules
- Prepares and submits claims, ensuring all documentation is in place for processing to finance department
- Reconciles claims with budget allocations for each application/placement to ensure accuracy
- Follows up with employers to obtain proof of payment/pay stubs in a timely manner
- Maintains ongoing relationships with employers and engages them in ongoing activities of The Career Foundation
- Prepares accurate documentation of contacted employers, applications, job leads and any other business development activity for information retrieval
- Submits weekly reports on activities and related results
- Enters Employer and Participant information, follow-up notes and claims into The Career Foundation’s internal database and other tracking systems
- Assists with file maintenance and closure, including data verification and accuracy
- On a regular basis, promotes The Career Foundation’s fee for service and fundraising projects to employers.
- University Degree or Diploma in Business Administration, Sales and Marketing, or related field
- Sales and business development experience considered a strong asset
- Must have outstanding administrative skills, both written and verbal
- Connections to local business communities and networks
- Knowledge of hiring and training development practices
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a proven record of demonstrating tact, diplomacy, and outstanding customer service
- Flexible to work evenings and weekends if required
- Valid Ontario driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle is essential for local travel
- Superior computer skills and strong math skills
- Extremely detail oriented with ability to recognize, track and resolve errors.
To apply for this position, please complete the application form below. We suggest using the latest version of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge to complete the form, in order to ensure that your application is submitted correctly.
*Should you experience any technical difficulties while submitting your application, please submit your résumé to email@example.com, along with a Word document that addresses all of the questions in the application form.
About The Career Foundation
The Career Foundation offers a wide range of career and job-related programs. Since its inception in 1988, The Career Foundation has steadily expanded its services. Operating out of seven locations, we now help thousands of people each year successfully accomplish their employment goals. For more information please visit our website at www.CareerFoundation.com.
The Career Foundation is committed to diversity and inclusion and aims to create a healthy and rewarding environment for all. We welcome applications from qualified individuals who represent the diversity of the people we proudly serve, including, but not limited to, visible minorities, women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples, and individuals of all genders and sexual orientation. The Career Foundation, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with candidates requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
We are a professional, result-driven organization that has been described by our employees as caring, compassionate, innovative, and team-oriented.
We also offer:
- Competitive compensation
- A comprehensive health benefits plan that includes massage therapy, naturopath services, and travel coverage
- An Employee & Family Assistance Program
- An RRSP matching plan
- A wellness program