- Position Type: Part-time, 1 year contract (very good possibility of renewal)
- Experience: 2+ years
- Number of Positions: 1
- Reporting to: Controller, Finance Department
- Location: Toronto
- Start Date: Immediately
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Assists Controller with implementation and roll out of new accounting software system/ process.
- Assumes responsibility of being the subject matter expert for the accounting system.
- Participates and provides expertise in the review and continuous improvement of new financial processes and controls.
- As necessary, identifies opportunities for improvement and automation of financial processes and controls.
- Receives and prepares all invoices for payment, ensuring that that Procurement Policy is always adhered to.
- Reviews invoices for appropriate authorization, verifies that supporting documentation is provided and follows up with the supervisor and/or vendor regarding any discrepancies.
- Ensures that all invoices are correctly allocated to the appropriate program.
- Posts supplier invoices into Sage following established procedures.
- Ensures that vendors are paid in a timely fashion, conferring with Controller regarding cash flow.
- Responds to vendor inquiries regarding status of invoice payment.
- Reviews and reconciles monthly supplier statements to posted records. Contacts vendors to request outstanding invoices or to resolve discrepancies.
- Reconciles Sage aged payables report to the general ledger. Resolves difference if out of balance.
- Ensures that all invoices are posted to the correct accounting period.
- Verifies accuracy of HST amounts and allocates to correct accounts for future remittance / reimbursement. Tracks self-assessment where necessary.
- Monitors and reconciles cash advances.
- Ensures that staff follow correct procedures for ordering supplies; places Finance supply orders, ensuring that expenditures are within budget.
- Provides documentation and answers questions as requested during the annual audit process by the external auditors.
- Maintains complete and accurate files, accessible to other Finance Team staff for reference.
- Provides office support and vacation relief, as necessary, for the Finance Team.
- Performs other general accounting duties as required.
- Diploma or degree in accounting or related.
- One year accounting experience, including account reconciliation and tracking and monitoring of expenses.
- Experience in Accounting system implementation is required.
- Excellent technical/ computer skills and understanding of accounting processes.
- Ability to use online communication platforms, techniques, and tools (e.g. Zoom and MS Teams)
- Proven knowledge of Sage accounting software, Windows, Microsoft Office.
- Proficient in the development, design and use of advanced Excel spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of Canadian GAAP, GST & Ontario Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) and Income Tax Act legislation.
- Proven knowledge of Employment Standards Act (ESA), and Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
- Equipped to work remotely as needed, with adequate internet capabilities.
- Excellent detail orientation, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize, multitask and meet deadlines.
- Fluency in both written and verbal English.
- Bilingual (English/ French) is considered a strong asset.
- Flexible team player – Willingness to take initiative to lend assistance where needed to ensure that the team is successful in meeting department goals
- Outstanding customer service and interpersonal communication skills when dealing with Funders, partners, staff, and other interested parties.
To Apply: Please Complete the Application Form Below
*Note: We suggest using the latest version of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge to complete the form below, in order to ensure that your application is submitted correctly.
*Should you experience any technical difficulties while submitting your application, please submit your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a Word document that addresses all of the questions in the application form.
About Us: The Career Foundation offers a wide range of career and job-related programs. Since its inception in 1988, The Career Foundation has steadily expanded its services. Operating out of seven locations, we now help thousands of people each year successfully accomplish their employment goals. For more information please visit our website at www.CareerFoundation.com.
The Career Foundation is committed to diversity and inclusion and aims to create a healthy and rewarding environment for all. We welcome applications from qualified individuals who represent the diversity of the people we proudly serve, including, but not limited to, visible minorities, women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples, and individuals of all genders and sexual orientation. The Career Foundation, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with candidates requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
We are a professional, result-driven organization that has been described by our employees as caring, compassionate, innovative, and team-oriented.
We also offer:
- Competitive compensation
- A comprehensive health benefits plan that includes massage therapy, naturopath services, and travel coverage
- An Employee & Family Assistance Program
- An RRSP matching plan
- A wellness program