- Position Type: Full-time parental leave contract of approximately 12 to 18 months (possibility of other contracts to follow)
- Experience: 3+ years
- Location: Toronto, ON
The Contracts and Strategic Initiatives Specialist will report to the CEO and provide support to the CEO and executive team. Their activities and initiatives related to new business development and operations will support the organization to achieve strategic goals and objectives.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Keeping executive team updated on key announcements and opportunities related to the strategic plan
- Researching, developing, and submitting funding proposals for new projects and project renewals
- Working in collaboration with the finance department to prepare budgets for proposals
- Assisting during contract negotiations with project and/or budget revisions and maintaining detailed negotiation notes
- Reviewing new contracts and coordinating a review, signing, and submission process according to agency policies, ensuring that contract submission deadlines are met
- Supporting executive team to monitor team performance against contract targets and deliverables
- Tracking all funder reporting requirements and ensuring that managers meet report submission expectations and deadlines
- Reviewing and editing reports for funders and providing feedback to managers
- Drafting meeting agendas, preparing related background material, recording formal minutes, and following up on action items from meetings in a timely manner
- Identifying strategies to improve quality and/or efficiency of forms and processes and taking steps to implement them
- Conducting special organizational and research projects, and reporting on findings as needed
- Handling inquiries from funders and clients in the absence of executive team
- Providing some administrative support for CEO and executive team by drafting documents and memos; corresponding with various parties on CEO’s behalf; organizing meetings, conference calls and conferences; maintaining electronic and manual filing systems; coordinating the preparation of documents, I.T. set up and refreshments for meetings; forwarding links or documents; delivering packages; obtaining quotes and placing orders etc.
- Coordinating conference and workshop registrations on behalf of all staff and managers, processing payment and invoices for the finance department
- Participating actively in team meetings, providing suggestions, and taking initiative to perform tasks related to the achievement of short and long-term goals
- Assisting with HR recruitment, including scheduling pre-screens/interviews and coordinating the administration of assessments
- Assisting teams as needed and participating on internal committees
- Representing the agency at community meetings as needed
- Maintaining detailed knowledge of The Career Foundation’s policies, procedures, goals, and strategic direction to collaborate effectively and provide excellent service to various stakeholders
- Travelling between offices periodically for meetings and tasks
- Other duties as required.
- University degree
- Highly developed writing and editing skills – previous experience in a writing or editing role is highly desirable
- Detail oriented and ability to produce work with a high level of accuracy
- Ability to take initiative
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a related position
- Ability to work independently and build strong working relationships with various teams
- Demonstrated ability to plan a project from start to finish, including project design, researching, budgeting, proposal writing, etc.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and database applications, zoom meetings, and Outlook 365 (Teams, SharePoint, Bookings etc.)
- Ability to maintain sensitive information and exhibit tact, diplomacy, and good judgment, with high standards of ethics and confidentiality
- Flexibility – All Head Office staff need to be able to “switch gears” quickly to respond to new priorities – work can vary a lot from day to day
- Budgeting experience
- Ability to work efficiently on numerous different projects, prioritize work, and meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills relating to planning, record-keeping, and maintaining and executing an ongoing timetable of activities
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to occasionally work beyond normal hours during peak periods or a proposal preparation processes.
To Apply: Please Complete the Application Form Below
*Note: We suggest using the latest version of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge to complete the form below, in order to ensure that your application is submitted correctly.
*Should you experience any technical difficulties while submitting your application, please submit your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a Word document that addresses all of the questions in the application form.
About Us: The Career Foundation offers a wide range of career and job-related programs. Since its inception in 1988, The Career Foundation has steadily expanded its services. Operating out of seven locations, we now help thousands of people each year successfully accomplish their employment goals. For more information please visit our website at www.CareerFoundation.com.
The Career Foundation is committed to diversity and inclusion and aims to create a healthy and rewarding environment for all. We welcome applications from qualified individuals who represent the diversity of the people we proudly serve, including, but not limited to, visible minorities, women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples, and individuals of all genders and sexual orientation. The Career Foundation, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with candidates requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
We are a professional, result-driven organization that has been described by our employees as caring, compassionate, innovative, and team-oriented.
We also offer:
- Competitive compensation
- A comprehensive health benefits plan that includes massage therapy, naturopath services, and travel coverage
- An Employee & Family Assistance Program
- An RRSP matching plan
- A wellness program