- Position Type: Full-time, 1-year contract (very good possibility of renewal)
- Location(s): Toronto
- Experience: 10+ years
- Number of Positions: 1
- Start Date: Immediately
The Career Foundation’s Director of Programs will be responsible for developing and leading a highly effective, results-driven programs and services division. The Director will work closely with the management team to ensure that all targets are continuously met and exceeded through effective performance management, accurate and timely quality monitoring, evaluation and reporting of all program activities, results, and budget management. They will ensure that programs and services operate at a highly effective and efficient level while maintaining a client-centered approach that meets the needs of a diverse community.
The Director of Programs will be responsible for working with the managers and coordinators to ensure that all current project contracts are renewed. This will involve the submission of quality proposals and business plans and effective contract negotiations. The Director of Programs will continually seek opportunities to grow, enhance and expand current contracts.
The Director of Programs will oversee communications and relationship development with various stakeholders. They will represent The Career Foundation at events, meetings, and initiatives.
As a member of the Executive team, the Director of Programs will have signing authorities and take part in senior level planning meetings.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
Project Operations, Continuity and Growth
- Oversees work of program managers and coordinators to ensureall projects meet targets and budget management expectations
- Streamlines processes and systems and ensures that all programs/sites work in sync
- Reviews, approves, and signs all program reports and takes responsibility for ensuring that quality reports are submitted on time
- Stays abreast of environmental factors such as upcoming industry changes, government priorities and labour market conditions and evaluates and revises program models and systems, as needed, to ensure long term success
- Leads proposal and business plan submission processes with team to ensure current contracts are renewed successfully
- Takes opportunities to grow, enhance and expand current projects
- Works with managers and coordinators to negotiate contract terms with funders
- Ensures contract review and signing policies are followed
- Works with managers and coordinators to request contract amendments as needed
Program Monitoring, Evaluation, Quality Assurance and Reporting
- Ensures that quality assurance monitoring systems are in place to evaluate compliance related to: client service, file documentation, budget management practices and all policies and procedures at The Career Foundation
- Tracks and captures performance and results, including all service delivery data, monitoring for process and outcome achievements and continuous improvement
- Ensures data capture systems are aligned across the organization and accurate and timely internal reporting occurs indicating project activities and progress to goals — Uses data to contribute towards strategic decision-making and project planning with leadership
- Oversees to ensures high-quality reports are developed and submitted according to schedule, guidelines, and funders’ requests
- Provides regular coaching to develop the talent of management staff and coordinates professional development opportunities
- Continuously monitors management performance and conducts reviews/ appraisals on an on-going basis
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring that all staff are meeting targets and role expectations
Management Team Support
- Provides training and orientation to new managers
- Supports Managers and HR team with HR related decision making and tasks
- Responds to special customer inquiries and concerns
- Supports managers with partnership development activities
- Approves manager sick/vacation requests
- Liaises with funders and responds to all inquiries and requests in a timely manner
- Prepares for and attends all program audits along with management staff
- Participates in the planning of program budgets, monitors budget expenditures, and ensures that contract expectations are met
- Approves and signs off on manager expense reports and supplier invoices
- Represents The Career Foundation at events, meetings, graduations etc. as either an attendee or speaker
- Attends advisory meetings and other external partner meetings.
- Post-secondary degree is required
- Must possess a minimum of 10 years’ progressive experience in a leadership and contract management role ideally in the field of employment and training services
- Demonstrated ability to strategically oversee operations and lead teams to successful outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff and team performance effectively
- Budget and financial analysis expertise is required
- Experience preparing proposals that generate funding
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience managing/ overseeing multiple teams and contracts ideally in the employment and training services industry
- Excellent organization, analytical, time management and administrative skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Experience liaising with funders and other stakeholders
- Strong work ethic and flexible approach to support teams and meet deadlines.
To Apply: Please Complete the Application Form Below
*Note: We suggest using the latest version of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge to complete the form below, in order to ensure that your application is submitted correctly.
*Should you experience any technical difficulties while submitting your application, please submit your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a Word document that addresses all of the questions in the application form.
About Us: The Career Foundation offers a wide range of career and job-related programs. Since its inception in 1988, The Career Foundation has steadily expanded its services. Operating out of seven locations, we now help thousands of people each year successfully accomplish their employment goals. For more information please visit our website at www.CareerFoundation.com.
The Career Foundation is committed to diversity and inclusion and aims to create a healthy and rewarding environment for all. We welcome applications from qualified individuals who represent the diversity of the people we proudly serve, including, but not limited to, visible minorities, women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples, and individuals of all genders and sexual orientation. The Career Foundation, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with candidates requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
We are a professional, result-driven organization that has been described by our employees as caring, compassionate, innovative, and team-oriented.
We also offer:
- Competitive compensation
- A comprehensive health benefits plan that includes massage therapy, naturopath services, and travel coverage
- An Employee & Family Assistance Program
- An RRSP matching plan
- A wellness program