- Position Type: 1-year contract, 30 hours per week (very good possibility of renewal)
- Experience: 2+ years
- Number of Positions: 1
- Reporting to: Program Coordinator
- Location: Toronto, ON
- Start Date: Immediately
The Career Foundation’s Completing the Circle program is a youth employment and skills development project funded by Canada’s Youth Employment and Skills Strategy (YESS). Completing the Circle fosters the development of, and provides individualized support to, youth with multiple barriers to employment. Our team of Career Development experts provide links to employment opportunities for motivated youth job seekers and workers.
Program participants are empowered to find employment, equipped with tools, supports, new skills, and confidence to start and maintain work. Participants take their first steps towards meaningful careers now and into the future. Our focus is on quality work opportunities for youth, employment maintenance and career advancement, professional development and training, and enhanced supports that are flexible and adaptable to the needs of youth.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
Job Development and Job Coaching (70%)
- Places youth into full-time employment on a weekly and monthly basis in line with milestone targets
- Develops 2-3 new employer contacts each week and 8-12 new employer contacts each month
- Ensures employer database offers a range of diverse employment opportunities – prepares and submits weekly job development/coaching activity report
- Analyzes, evaluates, and interprets collected information to assist youth in targeting the most suitable employment based on experience, education, and existing labour market factors
- Plans, conducts, and delivers all cold calling and job search related workshops
- Collects and processes claims, opens, and closes employer files in a timely manner
- Provides coaching to clients including on the job and in the workplace, monitoring placements and entering case notes.
- Takes participants shopping for work and interview clothing
- Coaches and motivates youth during job search and after placement to ensure job retention
- Prepares youth for position specific interviews and conducts mock interviews as needed
- Ensures quality of placements by matching skills the participants have with job requirements
- Reviews participant job search material prior to sending to employers
- Visits employers to initiate and maintain relationships
- Conducts accurate assessments of participants based on program eligibility requirements and ensure all mandatory forms are completed
- Participates in community events, job fairs and other activities to inform job seekers about the program and recruit them for the program
- Works effectively as part of a team, this includes demonstrating a willingness to be cross trained
- Ensures the same high standard of service to participants working face to face or online
- Accurately reports on participant case load and established action plans to ensure the success of participants during daily morning meetings and weekly case conferences
- Case manages and maintains documentation of allocated participant files/database, records of service and participant progress reports on internal database
- Regularly monitors personal performance against program targets to ensure the achievement of the expected results for the project
- Communicates with the Program Coordinator regarding participant performance in relation to contract requirements and the needs of the programs.
Outreach and Recruitment (30%)
- Assumes responsibility for recruiting new clients through community outreach and partner referral and maintains daily record of outreach conducted and outcome
- Presents program to community partners and applicants ensuring they understand the program objectives and the time requirements
- Strong familiarity with community partners, employers, and stakeholders within the local community
- Obtains contact information during outreach activities following up with potential program participants to sign them up for the program
- Prepares and submits outreach activity report to program coordinator
- Prepares and submits outreach activities in a weekly Job Developers report.
- College Diploma or University Degree in Marketing, Business, or related experience is required
- A minimum of 2 years’ direct service experience in recruitment, job development and job coaching
- Understanding of, and ability to, effectively apply the principles of the sales process to generate job leads and secure positions for clients
- Excellent communication skills with the confidence to engage employers and youth remotely and onsite in the development of meaningful training plans with defined steps and outcomes
- Vocational counselling/placement experience with multi-barriered individuals considered a strong asset
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and reliable vehicle is essential for local travel and traveling to different Career Foundation locations
- Flexible approach to work to ensure that all requirements of the program are met
- Experience in maintaining a participant case load and files
- Previous experience working with government funded programs is an asset
- Knowledge of the current labour market trends, the impact of COVID-19 on the labour market, job search techniques and employment research methods
- Flexible team player – Willingness to take initiative to lend assistance where needed to ensure that the team is successful in meeting project goals
- Equipped to work remotely with adequate internet capabilities and ability to work from various Career Foundation sites, as needed
- Knowledge on online communication platforms, techniques, and tools (e.g., Zoom and MS Teams).
To Apply: Please Complete the Application Form Below
*Note: We suggest using the latest version of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge to complete the form below, in order to ensure that your application is submitted correctly.
*Should you experience any technical difficulties while submitting your application, please submit your résumé to email@example.com, along with a Word document that addresses all of the questions in the application form.
About Us: The Career Foundation offers a wide range of career and job-related programs. Since its inception in 1988, The Career Foundation has steadily expanded its services. Operating out of seven locations, we now help thousands of people each year successfully accomplish their employment goals. For more information please visit our website at www.CareerFoundation.com.
The Career Foundation is committed to diversity and inclusion and aims to create a healthy and rewarding environment for all. We welcome applications from qualified individuals who represent the diversity of the people we proudly serve, including, but not limited to, visible minorities, women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples, and individuals of all genders and sexual orientation. The Career Foundation, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with candidates requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
We are a professional, result-driven organization that has been described by our employees as caring, compassionate, innovative, and team-oriented.
We also offer:
- Competitive compensation
- A comprehensive health benefits plan that includes massage therapy, naturopath services, and travel coverage
- An Employee & Family Assistance Program
- An RRSP matching plan
- A wellness program