*Please note: To be eligible to apply for this position you must be a current resident of the Lawrence Heights, Lotherton Pathway or Neptune communities in Toronto, ON.
- Position Type: Casual Employment Agreement from January 2021 – October 2021
- Hours: Anticipated 80-90 hours per month; subject to change based on need
- Experience: 1+ years
- Number of Positions: 1
- Reporting to: Manager, Community Partnerships and Special Initiatives
- Location: Toronto, ON
- Rate: $20/hour
Project & Position Description:
The Project Support Assistant will be responsible for overseeing the implantation of the Lawrence Heights Social Development Plan (SDP). The SDP was developed with more than three years of consultation and engagement with local stakeholders, working collaboratively to identify the characteristics that make the community unique. Six Action Priorities were identified to help the community realize the goals of the SDP. These came directly from community members and reflect their strengths and vision for the future of their neighbourhood. The SDP lays the groundwork for collaborative, cooperative and inclusive neighbourhood improvement actions pertaining to services, community connections, safety, housing, green space, and employment.
Position Description: The Project Support Assistant will be working closely with The Career Foundation, the Trustee of the SDP grant. The grant was given to the Lawrence Heights community by the city to help execute the 13 priority projects outlined in the SDP. The role of the Project Support Assistant will be to support residents and community leaders with implementing the plans and ensuring agreement goals and budget targets are adhered to.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Assumes responsibility for various activities and administrative tasks required to implement the 13 funded action priorities of the 2021 SDP Action Plan under the guidance and assistance of community stakeholders
- Schedules and attends meetings, takes minutes and distributes minutes to group
- Circulates meeting and event/activity reminders via email and telephone to agencies, residents and grassroots groups supporting identified priorities
- Under the guidance of the manager, regularly reviews budget to ensure financial goals/ targets are being met and spending is within guidelines
- Attends and monitors various SDP related activities to ensure objectives and goals are being met i.e. ensures evaluation surveys are completed, ensures sufficient number of attendees at events
- Provides ongoing updates to the community on opportunities for collaboration to support the implementation of SDP 2021 Actions through the Lawrence Heights Inter Organizational Network (LHION)
- Acts as point of contact for organizations, residents and grassroots group supporting the implementation of the 13 prioritized and funded Actions of the 2021 SDP Action Plan
- Ensures ongoing connection and communication to residents in Lawrence Heights, Lotherton Pathway & Neptune regarding the SDP 2020-2021 Action Plan
- Assists in capacity building of organizations, networks, and community groups to understand the scope of the SDP, its Action Plan, and the prioritized actions for 2021
- Must be a resident of the Lawrence Heights, Lotherton Pathway or Neptune communities, with a solid understanding of community challenges and emerging issues
- Degree or Diploma in Human Services or related considered an asset
- Experience in community development/youth development and working within an anti-oppression framework in creating and implementing responses to address changing needs of communities
- Ability to develop consensus and recommend effective solutions at the community level
- Project management / support experience including evaluation, issue management, agenda setting, and conflict resolution, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Equipped to work remotely as required
- Knowledge on online communication platforms, techniques, and tools (e.g. Zoom and MS Teams) with an aptitude and willingness to learn and work with new technologies
- Advanced written communication skills, experience writing reports and other communications
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work flexible hours which may include overtime and occasional evenings and weekends
- Other duties as required.
To Apply: Please Complete the Application Form Below
*Note: We suggest using the latest version of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge to complete the form below, in order to ensure that your application is submitted correctly.
*Should you experience any technical difficulties while submitting your application, please submit your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a Word document that addresses all of the questions in the application form.
About Us: The Career Foundation offers a wide range of career and job-related programs. Since its inception in 1988, The Career Foundation has steadily expanded its services. Operating out of seven locations, we now help thousands of people each year successfully accomplish their employment goals. For more information please visit our website at www.CareerFoundation.com.
The Career Foundation is committed to diversity and inclusion and aims to create a healthy and rewarding environment for all. We welcome applications from qualified individuals who represent the diversity of the people we proudly serve, including, but not limited to, visible minorities, women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples, and individuals of all genders and sexual orientation. The Career Foundation, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with candidates requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
We are a professional, result-driven organization that has been described by our employees as caring, compassionate, innovative, and team-oriented.
We also offer:
- Competitive compensation
- A comprehensive health benefits plan that includes massage therapy, naturopath services, and travel coverage
- An Employee & Family Assistance Program
- An RRSP matching plan
- A wellness program