Finding an Employee
There are many ways to find new employees. Some examples are listed below:
- Speaking with your trade association or union.
- Attending trade fairs.
- Visiting job search websites.
- Using social media.
- Visiting local schools or Ontario Youth Apprenticeship programs.
- Contacting pre-apprenticeship programs.
- Using word of mouth.
- Visiting The Career Foundation for help.
Benefits of Hiring an Apprentice
Below are some of the many benefits to hiring an apprentice:
- Apprentices are generally more committed to training and safe work practices.
- Hiring and training your own apprentice usually means they will be a better fit; follow best work practices; and fit your company’s overall culture.
- Training incentive funds and an apprenticeship signing bonus may be available to help offset the cost of training new employees.
When possible, employers may also have the opportunity to hire graduates from a pre-apprenticeship program. Some benefits of hiring a pre-apprentice:
- Tapping into a large pool of eligible and trained candidates.
- Accessing graduates equipped with Level 1 apprenticeship training, safety equipment, pre-employment training, and First Aid/CPR training.
- Receiving potential training incentive funds and an apprenticeship signing bonus, based on eligibility and availability, to help offset the cost of training new employees.
- Accessing job matching services and job fairs, all at no cost to you.
How We Can Help You
Our recruitment and staffing services are convenient, flexible, and focused on meeting the unique hiring needs of each employer. What’s more, they are available at no cost to job seekers and employers. We will identify strong candidates who have the employable skills and attitude to help improve your organization’s overall productivity and employee retention.
The employers we work with come from both the private and public sectors, and span all sizes from large to small organizations.
We can support your hiring efforts through the following services:
- Advertising your job opportunities on our website.
- Reviewing résumés on your behalf and offering online recruitment services.
- Pre-screening to identify the best candidates.
- Providing opportunities for onsite interviews and job fairs.
Once candidates for your openings are interviewed by our staff, those who best meet your requirements will be presented to you for further consideration. To learn more about how we can help you meet your hiring needs, please contact the office nearest you.