The Career Foundation is led and managed by a competent team of experienced executives who specialize in the delivery of effective employment services. Their expertise, along with the wisdom and guidance of the Board of Directors and the dedication and hard work of all staff, contribute to the growth and success of The Career Foundation.
Executive Director and Founder, Colin Morrison
Colin created The Career Foundation in 1988 and through his vision and innovation has grown it into a highly respected organization with multiple locations across the GTHA. Colin is a leader in the fields of education, career development and human resources. For over 20 years, he was a teacher, counsellor, administrator, trainer and consultant at the elementary, secondary, college and university levels as well as a corporate trainer and executive coach for Fortune 500 companies. Internationally Colin has provided consulting services in the United Arab Emirates, Morocco, St. Lucia, Nigeria, Kenya, Mexico and Saudi Arabia. His primary focus has been to inspire others to empower themselves. Colin holds a Master’s degree in education, and was awarded a Canada’s 125th Year Commemorative Medal for Outstanding Canadians.
Director of Operations, Mary C. Harari
Mary joined The Career Foundation in 1997 and has been an instrumental driver of the organization’s ongoing development by implementing and evaluating programs while ensuring internal organizational effectiveness. Previously working in the private sector, she owned a consulting company that provided business and HR services to Canadian corporations, after having run another successful business in Mexico City where she was born. Mary is a member of the Board of Trade, the City of Toronto’s Youth Employment Partnership, and the Mexican-Canadian Professionals Association. She holds a degree in Business Administration, specializing in Human Resources.
Director of Operations, Kristin Morrison
Kristin has been with The Career Foundation since 1994. With a Master’s Degree in Counselling Psychology and over 20 years of industry experience, she has been instrumental in developing client service processes and operational standards that The Career Foundation is known for. With a collaborative approach to organizational development, Kristin has worked with government and community stakeholders to plan and implement new divisions and partnerships, extending the organization’s reach to new regions and priority neighbourhoods. Kristin has always had a passion for helping people to achieve their goals, and has worked to cultivate values and systems at The Career Foundation that ensure a quality experience for all customers.
Board of Directors
The Career Foundation is governed by a Board that is actively involved in overseeing the processes and systems at work within our organization. They provide leadership and advice with regard to strategic and business planning, organizational evaluation and development, human resources, finance, legal matters and operations. The following Directors also serve on other boards and represent diverse segments of the community.
- Chair, Peter Thomas: Peter is currently Director of Facilities and Real Estate Operations for The Royal Conservatory of Music. He was formerly with SNC Lavalin, Silverleaf Materials and Brookfield Assest Management. He brings excellent management and entrepreneurial skills along with a strong attention to detail for the Board. Peter holds an Honours Bachelor of Science from the University of Toronto.
- Treasurer, Lyell Farquharson: Lyell is an accountant by training and previously served as Vice President of Sales with Westjet Airlines LTD. A former Vice President and General Manager for American Express Canada and CEO of Navigant Canada and other large companies, Lyell provides key insights from a business and accounting perspective as well as a strong link to private sector employers through his network.
- Director, Bob McAlpine: Bob is a retired high school teacher with extensive experience, including a very successful role as a track coach in Ontario. He is also a published poet and the leader of the Caledon Literary Guild. Bob provides a connection with youth as well as educational and training issues.
- Director, Chris Hatch: Chris is the Chief Executive Officer of Food Banks Canada and one of our links to the unemployed and underemployed. He is a recipient of the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal for dedicated service to community. Chris was previously a human resources professional and has held senior leadership/consulting roles at several global consultancies including: Towers Perrin, William M. Mercer and The Wyatt Company. Chris has been an active volunteer with Habitat for Humanity and is the past Board Chair of the Ontario Association of Food Banks.
- Director, Haroon Salamat: Haroon is a Chemical Engineer by training. He is the Chair of the Taric Islamic Mosque, which is the largest Mosque in Toronto. Haroon is a highly respected bridge for The Career Foundation to the Muslim community.
- Director, Tanya Hunte: Tanya is a Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) with extensive background in developing, enhancing and managing employee relations programs. Tanya’s current experience as a Senior Employee Relations Consultant with Canadian Tire, matched with her previous experience as an Employee Relations Specialist with Manulife Financial and Human Resources Advisor (Employee Relations) with B2B Bank, has positively influenced her passion for cultivating strong personnel and corporate growth. She is committed to guiding and meeting our organization’s strategic objectives through strong HR support.