The Career Foundation sold 1,007 raffle tickets between Oct. 15 and November 23, 2018 to raise funds for our Toronto-based programs and to support our clients in need! In raffle sales alone, we raised $5,035! Please see below for the list of winners:
Funds raised will help clients at The Career Foundation in the following ways:
- Subway tokens/tickets will be purchased for clients to travel to/from interviews
- New computers/software will be purchased to enhance client job search services
- Guest instructors and speakers will be hired to conduct client workshops
- Tutors/mentors will be hired to assist clients with updating their skills (e.g. in Math, English, etc.)
- Special events, workshops and training days will be coordinated for the benefit of client participants (e.g. hiring events, skills development days, etc.)
Raffle Lottery Rules, Terms & Conditions
- There are a total of sixteen (16) prizes to be drawn for this lottery.
- Each raffle ticket costs $5.00. Cash payments only.
- All ticket purchases must be made in person. If you would like to purchase a ticket, please coordinate a time and date with a staff member from the hub nearest you.
- Purchaser’s name, address and phone number must be clearly legible on the purchased raffle ticket. Please ask the raffle ticket salesperson to write down your information on the purchased ticket if you do not feel confident with your penmanship.
- Raffle ticket sellers must add ticket purchaser’s details to The Career Foundation’s internal tracker within 24 hours after purchase.
- Attendance at the Raffle Lottery Event is not necessary to win prize(s).
- Prizes will be drawn from lowest to highest value; winning prize tickets will be re-entered to the draw to be eligible for other prizes.
- WestJet voucher prize and other prizes are not redeemable for cash, nor can they be resold.
- WestJet voucher does not include meals and accommodations.
- WestJet voucher will be delivered via electronic mail (email) to the prizewinner for security purposes. Document will be password-protected, with password provided over the phone by a representative at The Career Foundation.
- Must be 18 years old or over to purchase raffle ticket(s). You may be required to present government-issued photo I.D. as proof of age prior to purchasing ticket.
- The Career Foundation will make every reasonable attempt possible to contact the prizewinners within one business day after the Raffle Event. Prizes will be delivered directly to prizewinners by mail. Prizewinners may also request to pick up prize(s) directly from The Career Foundation Head Office (700 Lawrence Ave W, Suite 440) between 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. EST, Monday to Friday.
- Publishing of names of winners are permitted on the Internet/The Career Foundation website, per City of Toronto Raffle Licence Terms and Conditions 6004A E (2017/06).
- The Career Foundation is not responsible for lost or mishandled prizes. Once the prize has been delivered to you, you are directly responsible for it.
*WestJet Voucher – Terms & Conditions
- The voucher (value of $3,000) is good for one (1) roundtrip flight for two (2) guests. All guests must travel together on the same itinerary, dates and flights.
- All bookings and travel must be completed by October 31, 2019.
- Fees, taxes and surcharges (up to a maximum of $350) will be covered by The Career Foundation. This voucher does not include optional fees such as checked baggage or cabin upgrades.
- Voucher does not include meals and accommodations.
- Bookings can be made only 30 days prior to the departure date; the return can fall outside of this window.
- Voucher is limited and subject to promotional space availability of eligible fare options and flight schedule. Not all flights have promotional space.
- Voucher is not valid for redemption on WestJet Vacations’ packages, interline, code-share or charter flights.
- Flights must be roundtrip to and from the same location.
- Voucher cannot be used on some dates, including statutory holidays and peak travel dates. ‘Blackout’ dates include the following:
2018: December 15 – 24, December 26, 2018 – January 6, 2019
2019: January 1 – 6; February 14 – 19; March 7 – 11; March 14 – 17; March 21 – 24; March 28 – 31; April 18 – 23; May 16 – 21; June 27 – July 2; August 1 – 6; August 29 – September 3; October 10 – 15
- Vouchers cannot be extended. Additionally, changes to travel dates or guest names are not permitted once a booking has been confirmed.
- Bookings made with voucher are not eligible for paid upgrades, such as Plus seating, except where the option to pay for an upgrade is available when checking in for the flight 24 hours prior to departure.
- Voucher becomes null and void if travel is cancelled once a booking is confirmed.
- The individual booking the flight must be over the age of majority in his or her province.
- Voucher must be taken as offered and is not redeemable for cash.
- Voucher cannot be sold. In the event that it has been sold, voucher will become void, and any flight bookings made with it will be cancelled immediately without notice or reimbursement. WestJet does not handle the payment, guarantee transactions, or buyer protection or seller certification, nor will WestJet be liable for the loss of funds resulting from a fraudulent transaction.
- WestJet and The Career Foundation are not responsible for lost or mishandled vouchers. Once the voucher has been delivered to you, you are directly responsible for it.