A year-round employment program for youth 15-29, with hiring incentives for employers!
The Youth Job Connection program provides year-round pre-employment and life skills training as well as job placement support and mentoring to youth. The program aims to help youth who are 15-29 years of age; eligible to work in Canada; unemployed; not attending school full-time; and experiencing multiple barriers to employment.
Employers can receive help in identifying their human resource skill requirements; matching of position/workplace needs to participants' skills, capabilities, interests and experience; support for developing on-the-job training plans; monitoring of placements; and retention services in order to support long-term success!
The YJC program provides the following program elements:
• Comprehensive Pre-employment Training and Job Search Services;
• Job Matching;
• Paid Job Placements with Supports for Participants, and Hiring Incentives for Employers;
• Placement Monitoring and Retention Support;
• Mentorship and Networking Opportunities;
• Education and Work Transitions Supports; and
• Information and Referral to other employment and community services.
Launching in Spring 2016: Youth Job Connection (YJC) Summer Program – Additionally, our YJC Summer program will provide summer job opportunities and part-time job placements during the school year to help multi-barriered high school students, aged 15 to 18, make positive educational and career choices. The focus will be on those facing challenging life circumstances and at-risk of experiencing poor transitions between education and work.