Want to get noticed by employers?
Add these training courses to your résumé today!
Complete up to 10 online health & safety training courses. Get certified for each. All courses are offered at no cost to registered clients of The Career Foundation!
This Occupational Health and Safety Training Initiative has been made available by the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development (MLTSD).
Free courses include:
- Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA)
- Conducting Investigations
- Health and Safety Representative
- Infection Control
- Ladder Safety
- Manual Material Handling
- Slips, Trips and Falls
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
- Workplace Inspections
- Workplace Violence and Harassment
How Does Training Benefit You?
- The province is slowly reopening following the COVID-19 lockdown. Virtual training will make it easier for job seekers and workers to get essential qualifications, while practising physical distancing and preventing the spread of the virus.
- Courses are free and accessible from anywhere, and delivered by qualified instructors from well-known Ontario training providers. Add these courses and certificates to your résumé and stand out to employers!
- By covering training costs, the ministry is removing financial barriers to training, enabling job seekers and workers to acquire the skills they need to find or return to work.
- The ministry is also supporting employers by ensuring potential and returning employees are better prepared to start work.
Steps to Register for Training
If you are interested in any of the Occupational Health and Safety Training programs/courses, please use the instructions below to complete your no-cost enrollment.
Register with The Career Foundation as a client. If you are already registered, please proceed to step 2.
Contact your Employment Specialist to obtain your Registration Code. You will need this code to access the free courses.
Visit one or more of the following training providers’ websites, then note the free training courses you would like to take. Most of these providers offer all the training courses as listed above.
Fill in the User Registration form on the training provider’s website. You will likely be prompted to create a user account on the training provider’s website so you can log in and complete the courses.
Choose the course(s) you would like to take from the training provider’s website. You may be prompted to add courses to a cart. Please go ahead and do so until all courses are selected. When you proceed to checkout, you will see all courses listed along with the typical price per course.
To remove all prices and ensure you access all courses for free, input the registration code that was provided to you by your Employment Specialist.
After entering the Registration Code, the price will automatically change to $0. Select “Checkout” and you will receive a registration confirmation/receipt for each course you registered for.
You will then be taken to a page with a link to start each course.
After course completion and/or successfully passing each course, you will receive a digital certification from the training provider.
You can take additional courses by using the same Registration Code multiple times, across all 4 of the training providers’ websites.