Employers who meet the eligibility criteria may be able to hire program graduates.
Benefits for Employers
- Access to a pool of trained Ground Workers;
- Apply for SAO Placement Support Funds to mediate training costs;
- Create jobs for people facing unemployment or underemployment;
- Employ individuals with up-to-date techniques and health and safety practices;
- Gain support from our program staff;
- Guide and train the next generation of Arborists;
- Work with motivated and committed graduates equipped with all necessary personal protective equipment (PPE).
Employer Eligibility Criteria
Employers eligible to hire workers from our Arborist Ground Worker Training program must fulfil the following requirements:
- Registered and licensed to operate in Ontario;
- Complies with all relevant legislation including human rights legislation, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Employment Standards Act, and Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act;
- Provides employment in Ontario;
- Maintains appropriate WSIB or alternative workplace insurance coverage with adequate third party liability insurance;
- Does not hire students to displace existing staff;
- Does not receive government funds from any other source for the same training and job placement services.
How to Apply as a Placement Employer:
- Complete the SAO Employer Registration Form and submit via mail or email (address and contact information listed below).
- Arrange an Initial Site Visit with the SAO Program Coordinator (contact listed below). This visit will confirm suitability and safety.
For more information, please contact:
Courtney McCann; SAO Program Coordinator
Cell: (647) 385-4028
The Career Foundation, c/o SAO Program
700 Lawrence Ave. West, Suite 430
Toronto ON M6A 3B4