Looking to hire young talent? This government-funded program promotes economic growth and lowers costs for small- to medium-sized businesses while assisting youth in securing employment. Participating employers can receive up to $2,000 per youth hired!
About the Employing Young Talent Incentive (EYTI) Program
The Government of Ontario announced through the 2017 Fall Economic Statement that over the next three years, it will invest more than $500 million in new initiatives to promote economic growth and lower costs for small businesses. As part of this work, businesses will benefit through an Ontario investment of $124 million for hiring youth ages 15 to 29 from January 1, 2018 until March 31, 2020.
The EYTI program was implemented by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development (MAESD) in partnership with the Ministry of Economic Development and Growth (MEDG) as a new incentive to support employers and youth.
Benefits to Employers
- Assistance with identifying hiring requirements, pre-screening candidates and job matching support.
- Signing bonus of $1,000 upon hire.
- Employee job retention assistance.
- Retention bonus of $1,000 after completion of a six-month work term.
- Have fewer than 100 employees (including part time & full-time) at the time the youth starts work.
- Hire for a job that averages at least 20 hours/week to receive the signing bonus of $1,000, and retain the youth for 6 months with at least 20 hours/week to receive the retention bonus of $1,000.
- Be licensed to operate in Ontario, provide the job in Ontario, and be able to attain or provide proof of third party and WSIB or alternative insurance.
An eligible youth candidate must be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or person granted refugee status in Canada; 15-29 years old; not employed full-time or in full-time studies; and must not be presently working or have previously worked for your business.
To learn more about the Employing Young Talent Incentive (EYTI) Program, please contact:
Yenna Hua, Project Coordinator
Tel: (416) 243-0066 ext. 232