Our Fundraising Initiatives and Causes
As a registered charitable organization and member of Toronto Charities, The Career Foundation has been positively impacting lives and communities since 1988 by facilitating employment and training opportunities for people looking for work.
Through our seven locations and 90+ team members in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area, we work with more than 4,000 clients annually to develop the skills and connections they need to successfully transition to employment. Our commitment to customer service excellence, coupled with our track record of always exceeding our funders’ goals, has established our organization as a trusted partner in the region.
At The Career Foundation, we like to go the extra mile for our clients. For instance, we raised nearly $30,000 in 2017 to provide personal assistive devices to people with disabilities, in addition to paying for client transportation costs to and from interviews. Additionally, our General Carpenter Pre-Apprenticeship for Youth Program was able to invest in part-time tutors to prepare students for industry-relevant exams.
What Your Donations Help Fund:
- Subway tokens/tickets to allow youth to travel to and from interviews
- New computers for clients
- New/updated software to enhance clients’ job search experience
- Honorariums for guest speeches to clients
- Honorariums for guest instructors at workshops
- Equipment for workshops (e.g. new projectors)
- Rental space for off-site workshops
- Honorariums for tutors to assist clients with updating their skills (e.g. math, science, English, etc.)