- Position Type: Full-time, 1-year contract (very good possibility of renewal)
- Experience: 2+ years
- Number of Positions: 1
- Reporting to: Project Coordinator
- Location: Hamilton, ON
The Empowering Abilities project assists individuals with disabilities in overcoming barriers to employment by enhancing their employability to make a successful transition to employment or to return to school to further their career goal. The Job Developer/Outreach Worker will focus on establishing new relationships with employers, securing wage subsidy placements for clients, and ensuring job retention. The Job Developer/Outreach Worker will also deliver some pre-employment workshops and provide some job coaching.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Places individuals with disabilities into full time employment on a weekly and monthly basis
- Ensures that each client obtains a personalized assessment, addressing their individual barriers and outlining steps to their short and long-term goals
- Develops 2-3 new employer contacts each week and 8-12 new employer contacts each month
- Ensures employer database continues to offer diverse employment opportunities
- Prepares and submit job development activity report
- Attends networking events and hiring fairs to connect with new employers
- Analyzes, evaluates, and interprets collected information to assist persons with disabilities in targeting the most suitable employment based on their experience, education, disability and existing labour market factors
- Administers placement agreements with wage subsidies
- Conducts cold calling and job search workshops
- Prepares clients for position specific interviews by conducting mock interviews as needed
- Arranges appropriate job interviews for participants
- Ensures quality of the placements by appropriately matching clients’ skills with the job requirements and meeting funder’s criteria
- Demonstrates good understanding of the position’s clients are applying for and clarify questions they may have
- Reviews clients job search material prior to sending to employers
- Visits employers to initiate and maintain relationship
- Works effectively as part of a team, this includes demonstrating a willingness to be cross trained
- Collects pay-stubs and processes payment claims
- Conducts site monitors
- Works with employers to identify and create effective accommodations for clients
- Travels on a regular basis to visit employers and community partners
- Manages individual and team administrative duties by scheduling appointments, completing paperwork, maintaining client and employer files, and filing system.
Job Coaching and Retention
- Ensures retention of clients in wage subsidy through coaching to overcome barriers during their placement
- Conducts weekly follows-up with all active clients
- Provides one–on-one sessions on job maintenance skills to ensure clients can handle challenges on the job
- Delivers employability skills workshops focusing on overcoming barriers to employment and job maintenance
- Coaches and motivates persons with disabilities during job search and after placement to ensure job retention.
Outreach and Recruitment
- Assists in the recruitment of new clients through community outreach
- Presents the program to community partners and applicants ensuring they understand program objectives and time requirements
- Strong familiarity with community partners, employers, and stakeholders
- Holds hiring fairs and other related events to support employers as well as to attract new clients to the program.
- Degree or Diploma in Human Services or related is required
- Vocational Rehabilitation Worker Certification considered an asset
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in job development, job coaching and/or business development
- Experience placing individuals with a disability into jobs is considered a very strong asset
- Vocational counselling/ mental health counselling considered an asset
- Must possess superior written communication skills and outstanding attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Workshop facilitation skills
- Ability to effectively apply the principles of the sales process to generate leads for wage subsidy placements
- Knowledge of current labour market trends and the impact of COVID-19 on the local labour market
- Knowledge on online communication platforms such as Zoom and MS Teams with an aptitude and willingness to learn and work with new technologies
- Strong resume and cover letter writing skills
- Must be willing to travel for work on a regular basis
- Bilingual (English/ French) is considered a strong asset.
To Apply: Please Complete the Application Form Below
*Note: We suggest using the latest version of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge to complete the form below, in order to ensure that your application is submitted correctly.
*Should you experience any technical difficulties while submitting your application, please submit your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a Word document that addresses all of the questions in the application form.
About Us: The Career Foundation offers a wide range of career and job-related programs. Since its inception in 1988, The Career Foundation has steadily expanded its services. Operating out of seven locations, we now help thousands of people each year successfully accomplish their employment goals. For more information please visit our website at www.CareerFoundation.com.
The Career Foundation is committed to diversity and inclusion and aims to create a healthy and rewarding environment for all. We welcome applications from qualified individuals who represent the diversity of the people we proudly serve, including, but not limited to, visible minorities, women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples, and individuals of all genders and sexual orientation. The Career Foundation, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with candidates requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
We are a professional, result-driven organization that has been described by our employees as caring, compassionate, innovative, and team-oriented.
We also offer:
- Competitive compensation
- A comprehensive health benefits plan that includes massage therapy, naturopath services, and travel coverage
- An Employee & Family Assistance Program
- An RRSP matching plan
- A wellness program