Foundations In HVAC
Foundations in Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning (HVAC)
Are you interested in working within the Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) industry? The HVAC sector is expected to grow over the next 10 years, as there is a strong demand for workers – this means many job opportunities for you!
The Foundations in HVAC Bridging Program provides Internationally Trained Immigrants with comprehensive knowledge to become certified and job-ready for the Canadian job market.
Benefits for Participants
- Job development: job leads, connections to employers, and work placement
- Industry-specific training on workplace communication, pre-employment coaching, and technical skills training
- Certifications in Gas Technician 3, and Working at Heights
- One-on-one job search and job coaching support
To be eligible for the Foundations in HVAC program, you must:
- Have previous education or work experience in HVAC, gas fitting, sheet metal, mechanical, or electrical fields from outside Canada
- Have one of the following statuses:
- Naturalized Canadian citizen
- Permanent resident
- Convention refugee with a valid open work permit
- Refugee claimant with a valid open work permit
- CUAET visa holder with a valid open work permit
- Be a resident of the province of Ontario
- Have attained at least Level 7 Canadian Language Benchmark Assessment
- Experiencing barriers to employment
This program is a total of 12 weeks, divided into the following schedule:
- Seven weeks of sector-specific training: students will alternate weeks between in-class instruction and a co-op placement with a local HVAC contractor
- Five weeks of employment and job search workshops as well as job search assistance
What You'll Gain from the Program
- Placement into a full-time job opportunity in the field
- Gas Technician 3 Training
- Working at Heights Certification
- Structured support and training on employability and communication skills and understanding of the Canadian job market
- Job search support and coaching for résumé writing, interview skills, and how to network to optimize your job search
- There is a training cost of $500 to offset the academic portion of the program. Check in with us for financial aid options.
Learn More about the HVAC Program
Apply to the Ontario Bridge Training Program!
Information for Employers
Are you an organization looking to hire candidates for jobs in HVAC?
Connecting our program participants with industry employers looking to hire is an essential component of the Ontario Bridge Training Program.
Contact us today to learn more about our skilled and work-ready program participants.
This program is funded by:
This Employment Ontario project is funded by the Government of Ontario.