Foundations In HVAC
Foundations in Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning (HVAC)
The Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) industry is expected to grow over the next 10 years, as there is a strong demand for workers – this means many job opportunities!
The Foundations in HVAC Bridging Program provides Internationally Trained Immigrants with comprehensive knowledge to become certified and job-ready for the Canadian job market.
Benefits for Participants
- Job development: job leads, connections to employers, and work placement
- Industry-specific training on workplace communication, pre-employment coaching, and technical skills training from HiMark
- Certifications in Gas Technician 3, Working at Heights, Ozone Depletion
- One-on-one job search and job coaching support
To be eligible for the Foundations in HVAC program, you must:
- Be a naturalized Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or refugee with valid open work permit
- Have previous education or work experience in HVAC, gas fitting, sheet metal, mechanical, or electrical fields from outside Canada
- Have attained at least Level 7 Canadian Language Benchmark Assessment
This program is a total of 12 weeks, divided into the following schedule:
- Seven weeks of sector-specific training: students will alternate weeks between in-class instruction and a co-op placement with a local HVAC contractor
- Five weeks of employment and job search workshops as well as job search assistance
What You'll Gain from the Program
- Placement into a full-time job opportunity in the field
- Gas Technician 3 Training
- Working at Heights Certification
- Ozone Depletion Certification
- Structured support and training on employability and communication skills and understanding of the Canadian job market
- Job search support and coaching for résumé writing, interview skills, and how to network to optimize your job search
- There is a training cost of $500 to offset the academic portion of the program. Check in with us for financial aid options.
Learn More about the HVAC Program
Apply to the Ontario Bridge Training Program!
Information For Employers
Are you an organization looking to hire candidates possessing in-demand skills and a strong business acumen? Join us as an employer partner!
We work with organizations to support their hiring needs and help build a healthy talent pipeline. All our services are no-cost, and we work to give you access to highly skilled diverse talent, who are aligned to your hiring needs. Through The Career Foundation, the hiring process is fast and easy!
Join us today to hire amazing talent and help your business grow.
Funders and Partners
This Employment Ontario project is funded by the Government of Ontario.
This program is in partnership with HiMark.