Foundations in IT
Foundations in IT
Are you interested in working within the IT sector? In this rapidly evolving digital age, organizations are increasingly adopting cloud platforms, making them susceptible to cyberattacks. There is also an increase in the demand for skilled individuals with cloud computing and data security skills.
The Foundations in IT Bridging Program provides Internationally Educated Professionals (IEPs) with comprehensive knowledge in the areas of Cloud Computing and Information Security (InfoSec).
The key areas we cover are:
- Cloud Concepts
- Cloud System Architecture
- Data Security
- Legal Risk
- Foundations in Project Management
This training enables IEPs to achieve two certifications: CCSK+ (Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge) and CSA (Cloud System Architect).
Benefits for Participants
- Job development: job leads, connections to employers, and work placement
- Industry-specific training on workplace communication, pre-employment coaching, and technical skills training
- Skill development to attain certification in Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK+) and Cloud Systems Architecture (CSA)
- No-cost membership to Canada’s Association of IT Professionals (CIPS)
- Access to the Skills Framework for the Information Age (SFIA) skills assessment
- One-on-one job search and job coaching support
To be eligible for the Foundations in IT program, you must:
- Have previous education or work experience in IT from outside Canada
- Have one of the following statuses:
- Naturalized Canadian citizen
- Permanent resident
- Convention refugee with a valid open work permit
- Refugee claimant with a valid open work permit
- CUAET visa holder with a valid open work permit
- Be a resident of the province of Ontario
- Have attained at least Level 7 Canadian Language Benchmark Assessment
- Possess accredited post-secondary education
- Experiencing barriers to employment
This program is a total of 11 weeks, consisting of asynchronous and synchronous learning, which includes the following areas:
- Sector-specific training that prepares participants for the CCSK+ (Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge) and CSA (Cloud System Architect) exams
- Employment and job search workshops as well as job search assistance
- Check-ins and follow-ups after program completion
What You'll Gain from the Program
- Placement into a full-time job opportunity in the field
- Industry recognized certification in Cloud Security
- Structured support and training on employability and communication skills and understanding of the Canadian job market
- Job search support and coaching for résumé writing, interview skills, and how to network to optimize your job search
The program’s registration fee is $500, which covers:
- Two exam tokens for CCSK+ (Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge)
- Two exam tokens for CSA (Cloud System Architect)
- Study materials, including PDF documents, study workbooks, lab workbooks
- Membership to Canada’s Association of IT Professionals (CIPS)
- A skills assessment using the Skills Framework for the Information Age (SFIA)
Check in with us for financial aid options.
Learn More about the IT Program
Apply to the Ontario Bridge Training Program!
Information for Employers
Are you an organization looking to hire candidates for jobs in IT?
Connecting our program participants with industry employers looking to hire is an essential component of the Ontario Bridge Training Program.
Contact us today to learn more about our skilled and work-ready program participants.
This program is funded by:
This Employment Ontario project is funded by the Government of Ontario.