Apprenticeship Completion Employer Bonus
You can apply for this $1,000 taxable cash grant when your apprentice has:
- Completed all required classroom and on-the-job training
- Received final certification
- A Certificate of Apprenticeship or a Certificate of Qualification, depending on the trade.
How to Qualify
To qualify for the Apprenticeship Completion Employer Bonus, you must:
- Have hired and trained an apprentice in one of the following 27 trades
- Be paying corporate income tax or personal income tax in Ontario
- Corporations or unincorporated businesses may apply
- Companies based in Ontario or out of province may apply.
How to Apply
The Government of Ontario will send you an application once you become eligible for the Apprenticeship Completion Employer Bonus. You’ll have 180 days from the date of the letter to fill out and return the application to us.
If you have any questions, contact your local Employment Ontario apprenticeship office.
Trades eligible for the Apprenticeship Completion Employer Bonus:
- Aboriginal Child Development Practitioner
- Agricultural – Dairy Herdsperson
- Agricultural – Fruit Grower
- Agricultural – Swine Herdsperson
- Assistant Cook
- Child and Youth Worker
- Child Development Practitioner
- Developmental Services Worker
- Educational Assistant
- Horse Groom
- Horse Harness Maker
- Information Technology – Contact Centre Customer Service Agent
- Information Technology – Contact Centre Sales Agent
- Information Technology – Contract Centre Technical Support Agent
- Institutional Cook
- Native Clothing & Crafts Artisan
- Relay and Instrumentation Technician
- Retail Meat Cutter
- Special Events Coordinator
- Utility Arborist
The province is currently reviewing funding for apprentices and employer sponsors. We will share more information as it becomes available.
Please contact Employment Ontario for more information about available supports and incentives.